For Those Who Can Drive a Manual...

Status
Not open for further replies.
1982 Toyota Corolla SR5. It was the only car I've owned that over-steered from the factory. Although it was a handful on wet Florida roads, I wish I still had it.

1996 Toyota Tacoma. I bought it brand new but my Dad had to test drive it and drive it home. (I was 17.) Learned to drive stick that afternoon. 2 of the 3 vehicles we have are stick (Honda and the VW). My wife prefers it.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I was 9 when my dad bought the Subaru and left me and mom to figure it out.

That's kind of sad, at least he left you guys a car I guess.

Mid 40s Army deuce and a half truck on my uncle's farm. Non-syncromesh manual tranny, had to double clutch and rpm match shifts. At least 2 cousins in the cab to laugh at you and jibe in case you ground the gears or missed a shift provided incentive to perfect your technique.
At 15 graduated to learning street driving in a 65 Mustang 289 3-speed.
Good thing I had the 5-speed in my Chevy truck when I met my wife. I'm not sure she would have gone out with me a second time if I drove an auto.

1995 Chevy S10 4 cylinder. I was working as a delivery driver for a Napa store. First day at that particular store, the manager asks, "Can you drive stick?" Me: "Yeah, absolutely."
grin.gif
Off I went right out into traffic on a busy road. It was sink or swim for me. I had gotten pretty good at it by the end of the day.

1991 BMW 318i. My brother learned on the same. Still had original clutch and flywheel when sold with 188k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back