Florida car insurance increasing at alarming rate ...

They'll probably make up for it on the renewal.
Yes, Progressive is bad for that...they did exactly that with my motorcycle insurance...so I switched to Geico...then Geico will probably do the same thing, and I'll end up going back to Progressive because they will again offer me a lower rate to get me back...it's a never ending cycle...

Shop around, there is little to no benefit for loyalty to an insurance company.
Mine went from $450-750-895 over the last 3 years. And I shopped around last weekend and it's still cheaper than multiple quotes. Increasing at a ridiculous rate.

Mine went from $450-750-895 over the last 3 years. And I shopped around last weekend and it's still cheaper than multiple quotes. Increasing at a ridiculous rate.
They're all jumping on this bandwagon. You could sort of accept a ~10% increase per year, but 20, 30% Good grief.

Back in June I switched from Allstate to NY Central Mutual to save some bucks. Then I added another car and another driver to my policy. 4 drivers, 4 cars, $4700/year. My daughter and son are 21, 17. Had I stuck with Allstate, it would have been much higher. Had I tossed these two kids out on their own, they'd be paying that much or more for themselves, which would be impossible while they're going to college.

Back