Cars might be making a comeback in an SUV-Dominated Market

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
I had so many folks asking about my Regal Tour X - that is nearly the perfect car for suburban/country folks. Nearly sedan mileage with nearly SUV room. I only traded to go electric, and get something more dynamic/fun to drive. I am willing to pay more for fun.

I had so many folks asking about my Regal Tour X - that is nearly the perfect car for suburban/country folks. Nearly sedan mileage with nearly SUV room. I only traded to go electric, and get something more dynamic/fun to drive. I am willing to pay more for fun.
Lol, the Buick wagon is so perfect that it had to be traded in. “Its perfect for those people, but not me.”

Tesla mad sales helps this coupled to weird automarket of 2020-2022 and people desperate to buy anything.

I think it is a blip but not permanent….

Lol, the Buick wagon is so perfect that it had to be traded in. “Its perfect for those people, but not me.”

I would daily my Vette if I could drive it in the winter, and carry my bride, son, and dogs. I want something higher performance than most people care about, and I don't care about a harsh ride.
So you are darn right...it is a great daily for most people, but doesn't meet the dynamic DD I would prefer. I thought it was a great car, and hit all my "needs" - it didn't hit my wants that I can afford and enjoy.
I know, I know...this is BITOG, we only buy the cheapest, most reliable appliance that makes the most sense. This might be the least "car passionate" car forum on the net.

I've got a clothes dryer in the back of my Focus now that I am going to deliver soon. A cheap car with some big space is handy.
Someone with an original Prius came and picked up our giant TV. I couldn't believe how much space there was in that thing.

I can carry a stack of 11' long boards in our Accord. And I put 4 dining room chairs in the back seat when we were moving. They fit together like a puzzle. Couldn't carry a clothes dryer though.

I would daily my Vette if I could drive it in the winter, and carry my bride, son, and dogs. I want something higher performance than most people care about, and I don't care about a harsh ride.
So you are darn right...it is a great daily for most people, but doesn't meet the dynamic DD I would prefer. I thought it was a great car, and hit all my "needs" - it didn't hit my wants that I can afford and enjoy.
I know, I know...this is BITOG, we only buy the cheapest, most reliable appliance that makes the most sense. This might be the least "car passionate" car forum on the net.
Nah its cool, I wouldn’t be caught in a Buick wagon either.

I wish the humble wagon would make a come back...
That will not happen. It would be called a "Sport Hatch" or something similar. The term "wagon" is a marketing term of death! Even VW called theirs "AllTrack" didn't they?

That will not happen. It would be called a "Sport Hatch" or something similar. The term "wagon" is a marketing term of death! Even VW called theirs "AllTrack" didn't they?
There are quite a few contemporary "shooting brake" style vehicles on the market. Here's a list of some of them:

Well the Alltrack was the lifted version of the Golf Sportwagen.... I don't really care what the call it, just put ~35 cu-ft behind the rear seats of a "hatchback" instead of 18 and see if anyone notices? Not that the Focus is some marvel of engineering but they made the cargo space low, square, and big without and real penalties compared to the sedan and hatchback.

chariot of the gods. 2024 audi rs6 avant with performance pack. practicality and insanity. 621hp and 627tq. my dream ride. unfortunately, most wagons sold in north america as of today are from luxury manufacturers. i wished there was mainstream offerings like a mazda 6 wagon, but heck even the mazda 6 is dead in north america.

maxresdefault.jpg

You sound like the perfect candidate for a V70R!

AWD, 300 HP turbo, electronic adjustable suspension, six speed manual, Brembo four piston calipers all around.

Room for bride, son, and dogs who, I’m certain, will enjoy your flawless heel/toe shifting….

chariot of the gods. 2024 audi rs6 avant with performance pack. practicality and insanity. 621hp and 627tq. my dream ride. unfortunately, most wagons sold in north america as of today are from luxury manufacturers. i wished there was mainstream offerings like a mazda 6 wagon, but heck even the mazda 6 is dead in north america.

View attachment 153663

I haven't looked but I'm betting the wagons sell in low numbers compared to the rest of the model lineup.

Back