Cars might be making a comeback in an SUV-Dominated Market

Looks like USA YTD 2023 sales of Malibu, Civic, Accord, Camry, Elantra and others were up significantly vs YTD 2022.

For all that stuff kids, dogs, bride and dryer get an old VW Westfalia. Camp in style and deliver the goods. Kids love the bed in the popup top.
Lol, those command the hipster premium these days.
Well maintained examples were going for 30k+ (not including modded/swapped examples).

Reactions: D60
Talking about station wagons ...

View attachment 155751
Imagine picking the kids up from soccer practice in that.
Wonderful V-12 sounds to go along with the look.
Lamborghini didn't always hit it out of the park in design in an era when Ferrari always did but I've always admired the Espada.
Around 1200 made, so there may be a decent number of good originals out there.

Looks like USA YTD 2023 sales of Malibu, Civic, Accord, Camry, Elantra and others were up significantly vs YTD 2022.
A lot of people are sick and tired of crossovers and pickup trucks.

Just as people became sick and tired of mini vans.

Market goes in cycles.
Manufacturers who don’t want to make more than one model of car will be hurting if anything else changes in the market

sweden is the country of the world with most wagons. close to 30%. on looks alone my favorite wagon is the v90, but they stopped selling it in canada. we can only get the v90 cross country. in R design trim with the t6 engine, it was glorious. here is a 2022 v90 R design trim.

View attachment 153798
Saw a lot of these in PHEV versions in Norway last summer. I’d seriously consider one if I was in the market for a car, Chinese ownership aside. It’s a good looking and efficient design.

Back