First movie you ever saw at theater or drive in?

The first one I remember was Jaws 3 in the theater. This one was particularly memorable because it was THREE DEE, and kept taking the glasses off because it was terrifying as an innocent 5 year old. 🦈

The first movie I ever seen in theaters was either Curious George or Cars I can’t remember which one was first but I seen both those are the earliest ones I remember anyway. Never been to a drive in there is one right next to my work and my grandmas house but I lose interest quickly in movies now so I don’t know that i could sit in my car and watch one.

that's easy...
literally My First Memory is waking up in the theater, in the middle of "Return of the Jedi" specifically this scene:

I would have been around 3 yrs old, I woke up, looked around, and probably loudly, as 3 yr olds do, said, Where are we/ where am i, something long those lines...

First drive in: Mannequin. Was a god awful movie about some blonde and a chrysler with a push-button automatic transmission with R-N-D but no "Park". The goofballs mentioned the "Parking Brake" maybe 50 times during the flick.

We went there for "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure", the 2nd movie.

Last edited:
Thunderball in 1965. Never went to a drive in.

The earliest movie that I have a clear and positive memory of was the 1951 release of The Day The Earth Stood Still.

1693674745288.jpeg

Also from that general era were Them, Creature From The Black Lagoon, and War of the Worlds. WotW scared me more than any movie I ever saw, so much so that I couldn't fall asleep for a couple of nights afterward.

Reactions: GON
First one I remember was Paint Your Wagon at the drive-in with my parents. I fell asleep. First movie I remember seeing in a theater was Diamonds Are Forever. The only thing I really remember from it is Jill St, John in a bikini. I think that movie probably kicked off my puberty lol.

Last edited:
Back