Barbie, The Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
Have you seen, or do you care to see, "Barbie?"

The movie has turned into quite a blockbuster with more than $500,000,000 in sales in just a few days.

“Barbie” exceeded opening weekend expectations, snaring $162 million over its first three days in domestic theaters. This is the highest-grossing opening for a female director in the history of cinema.

Fewer than 100 films have topped $100 million in their opening weekend, and, traditionally, those films have been male-driven superhero fare from Marvel and DC or from marquee franchises like Harry Potter, Star Wars, or Jurassic Park.

The Margot Robbie-led film opened higher than Universal’s
“The Super Mario Bros. Movie,” which snared $146.3 million during its debut and has gone on to top $1 billion worldwide during its theatrical run.

In just five days in theaters, “Barbie” has topped $500 million globally.

The success of “Barbie” comes at a time when studios have struggled to connect with moviegoing audiences. A series of adult-aimed blockbusters have underperformed in recent months, leading many in the industry to question if consumer tastes have shifted away from Hollywood.

Coupled with strong results from Universal and Christopher Nolan’s “Oppenheimer,” it appears that consumers aren’t ditching theaters, they are just being more selective about what they watch. The critically acclaimed combination of “Barbenheimer” compelled audiences to see content on the biggest screens possible and in large groups.

Movie theater chains reported record foot traffic over the weekend, noting that additional screenings for both films were added and concession sales soared.

Super Mario is a must see with kids. Barbie? My kids dont care. 🤷‍♂️

Ryan Gosling is a phenominal actor. I had the opportunity to eat at Tagine, his Moroccan restaurant in LA.

I had the unfortunate experience to stream a few songs of the movie. One being a Lizzo song. HORRIBLE and I would be embarrassed as an artist to make such crap music.

What were you expecting? Led Zeppelin? Prince? It's mostly crap that rules the airwaves now...

I'll go see it just for the heck of it.

Imagine getting triggered over a Barbie movie.
Seriously.
Watched the movie and although it does talk about patriarchy, sexism etc. The whole thing is pretty lighthearted and is more fun than it is trying to send any real message.

It's a barbie movie, its going to be woman centric.

Have you seen, or do you care to see, "Barbie?"

The movie has turned into quite a blockbuster with more than $500,000,000 in sales in just a few days.

“Barbie” exceeded opening weekend expectations, snaring $162 million over its first three days in domestic theaters. This is the highest-grossing opening for a female director in the history of cinema.

Fewer than 100 films have topped $100 million in their opening weekend, and, traditionally, those films have been male-driven superhero fare from Marvel and DC or from marquee franchises like Harry Potter, Star Wars, or Jurassic Park.

The Margot Robbie-led film opened higher than Universal’s
“The Super Mario Bros. Movie,” which snared $146.3 million during its debut and has gone on to top $1 billion worldwide during its theatrical run.

In just five days in theaters, “Barbie” has topped $500 million globally.

The success of “Barbie” comes at a time when studios have struggled to connect with moviegoing audiences. A series of adult-aimed blockbusters have underperformed in recent months, leading many in the industry to question if consumer tastes have shifted away from Hollywood.

Coupled with strong results from Universal and Christopher Nolan’s “Oppenheimer,” it appears that consumers aren’t ditching theaters, they are just being more selective about what they watch. The critically acclaimed combination of “Barbenheimer” compelled audiences to see content on the biggest screens possible and in large groups.

Movie theater chains reported record foot traffic over the weekend, noting that additional screenings for both films were added and concession sales soared.
Looks like Shel B has figured out how to use Chat GPT.

My wife wants to watch this movie with me. I will probably unwilling go since I am retired and she works a few hours part time from home. I will buy the tickets and make my own decision whether it's any good or not. I have heard a lot more good than bad about the movie.

I doubt I will see Barbie; perhaps on HBO or whatever. Apparantly it must have something going for it if this many people are paying good money to go. I've read that it evokes thought for many. Greta Gerwig does not make puff movies. Oscar buzz?

99% sure Barbie will be more of the same, "Be true to your (narcissistic) self," nonsense with a healthy dose of "Follow your heart" silliness added for good measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back