Firestone Destination LE2's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
I actually hate the way car mfg's build small suv's and cuv's and use passenger car class tires on them. I want to see light truck and suv class used at least when the vehicle is 4WD/AWD........

I'm curious. How would you tell if a tire is a light truck or SUV class tire?

Hokie-That's a great idea looking at pictures of used tires. There's nothing worse than a tire that still has 50% tread remaining and its performance goes out the window.

Originally Posted By: Ken2
Originally Posted By: mcrn
Its going on a 2012 Nissan Rogue and thanks everyone!!

I think I'd prefer a tire made for a car or crossover vehicle, not a truck tire. The LE2 will probably work well, but would a different tire work better?...That is my thought.

I don't understand the trend to pickup truck tires on vehicles that look to me like a re-labeled station wagon. A friend's Honda Element has Michelin LTX M/S tires...work well, but are they the best choice? The local Les Schwab shop likes to put Toyo Open Country H/T on the crossovers. Again, reliable, but the best for these car-like vehicles?

Bought my tires online and took to a local shop for install. Before they installed they checked the tire info on door for correct size and rating by manufacturer. If it didn't meet they wouldn't have installed. Many shop are doing this to prevent liability problems.

Last edited:
I have about 20K on a set of the Firestone LE2 tires. I like them and would buy them again.

What is everyones opinion on this tire? Firestone is offering 4 of these mounted balanced for 513 plus taxes for 215-70-16.

Is the price at only a certain shop, where did you find this?

Everytime I checked online prices for the Destination LE/2's w/local install for a friend, we did just as good on OTD price at the local Firestone Service Center on the whole installation package and more infact with the free flat repair. ATMOF, it's this way for *almost* all Firestone tires in my area as compared to buying Firestone tires online.

I have 20k on a set of LE2s on the tundra. one of the best tires I've had. great in the wet, even with an empty bed. quiet, smooth, balanced easily, track well, and predictable steer. They see a fair amount of towing, and are holding up better than I expected. they have been pretty forgiving if I delay rotation--- they start to make a little noise when they need it. for the way I use the truck, they have been ideal.

They have zero traction on wet grass.

Originally Posted By: Charlie1935
The size I'm getting (265 70x16) is $735.00 installed & balanced.
I've got the LE now and am satisfied with the results from them but now time for new.

There has been a change.
Getting Michelin X LT2 same size for $712.54
Longer tread wear rating and higher temperature rating.

The size I'm getting (265 70x16) is $735.00 installed & balanced.
I've got the LE now and am satisfied with the results from them but now time for new.

There has been a change.
Getting Michelin X LT2 same size for $712.54
Longer tread wear rating and higher temperature rating.

Those are great tires!

Originally Posted By: datech
What is everyones opinion on this tire? Firestone is offering 4 of these mounted balanced for 513 plus taxes for 215-70-16.

Is the price at only a certain shop, where did you find this?

Yes this was from local Firestone shop....you can price them online.....it is a buy 3 get 1 free deal which put them down to the same price as Tirerack without the shipping cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back