Favorite Honda Acura filters

Back when I was servicing 3 Honda's I standardized on a 3593A sized filter, which is a smidge bigger and worked across all the cars. I generally use a Partsmaster (Wix built) 61334, but currently, I'm using a Champion filter that I bought 12 of. In the past, on the Accord, I've used everything from M1, Bosch, but no Fram that I recall. I'm planning on buying a used Ridgeline sometime in the next couple of years, and it will get the same treatment. Good, but nothing super special.

I don't put a lot of thought into the ADBV either as in most J-Series cars they're pretty much vertical and wouldn't be able to drain out anyways.

Last edited:
Where are you getting the 3323 for that price?!
I paid 3.78$ back in Jun 2019 for the 3323 on AMZN.

According to the Camel price tracker, price has more than doubled since this Spring:

I know I’ll catch a lot of hate for this, but I have always ran Purolator/Bosch oil filters on my Honda and they have ran GREAT. I am at 240k miles and the oil doesn’t get dark until 1500 miles into the oil change. The one Bosch I did cut open, looked great. I posted it on here. Oil wise, I run whatever is cheap. Ran now it’s Kirkland Oil, and soon it‘ll be Mobil super I got on clearance.

makes sense since I think fram is honeywell now isn't it?
There was (is?) a Fram employee who used to frequent the boards. I don’t have the post saved since it was lost in the migration, but he said A02 was most similar to but not an exact copy of the TG7317.

http://www.framgrp.com/ says “
Fram Group is a part of New Zealand's Rank Group Limited.
Information about Rank Group can be found at www.rankgroup.co.nz.”

Fram Ultra XG7317.

I leave it in for 20K, or 2 OCI's and run a mag on the outside.

UD

There was (is?) a Fram employee who used to frequent the boards. I don’t have the post saved since it was lost in the migration, but he said A02 was most similar to but not an exact copy of the TG7317.

Jay Buckley who was great and he's right on this.

Its mostly a tough guard with an upgraded metal seam clamp.

These filters run 20K all the time in Hondas, which is way beyond what Fram rates a TG for.

I haven't seen a c&P of a failed Ao2.

Motorking used to work for fram. He was laid off last year when Fram was sold to Trico. He now works for Dayco.

Thanks for updating with the details on Jay and the sale to Trico! Oddly enough, the Fram/Fram Group pages haven’t been updated.

I’m certain the myth that the PH is the same as the Honda A02 will live on for many posts to come 😅

Thanks for updating with the details on Jay and the sale to Trico! Oddly enough, the Fram/Fram Group pages haven’t been updated.

I’m certain the myth that the PH is the same as the Honda A02 will live on for many posts to come 😅
Motorking used to work for fram. He was laid off last year when Fram was sold to Trico. He now works for Dayco.

Thanks to both of you to update my memory! So now it's trico.. wow at this rate all companies will be under one company in the next decade! Anyone remember ACME corporation that wild E coyote ordered everything from? lol :ROFLMAO:

I'm now reshuffling my filters. With a case of Champion made Valvoline VO-106 filters I bought for $2.49 each, these are now going on the Ridgeline every 4-5K miles because the filter access is so easy. Now I'll use my remaining 3 Fram Pro Synthetic FPS7317 filters on the Infiniti each for two years (less than 15K miles) since the splash shield is a bugger to R&R.

Does the magnetic drain plug capture much metal?
I have often wondered... What do you see on a typical service?
Thanks in advance.

I use a magnetic drain plug in my Tacoma. This is what it captured at 5,000 miles and 50,000 miles. I put it in on the 1st oil change at 2,000 miles, so the photo at 5,000 miles had 3,000 miles on that OCI. The amount of ferrous debris has gone down as the engine broke in, and is now a lot less. IMO, they are worth using, and if nothing else give one way to monitor ferrous debris in the oil.

At 5,000 Miles
Super Plug (half dirty).JPG

At 50,000 Miles
20190626_180846-1.jpg

Last edited:
Does the magnetic drain plug capture much metal?
I have often wondered... What do you see on a typical service?
Thanks in advance.
I change oil every 10-12K and hardly see anything much. Thats a good sign. Have had that on e for over 325,000 miles and I know its working to help keep it all clean and protected in the sump. Will be adding on to the CR-V for that JDM bling.

I paid 3.78$ back in Jun 2019 for the 3323 on AMZN.

According to the Camel price tracker, price has more than doubled since this Spring:
If you cant find that filter at that price, rockauto will have it shipped for about 4 bucks a filter, given that you buy a quantity that is more than 10.

For me I’m not attached to the 3323 but found the price attractive, given the Amazon prime shipping. At current prices, I’d probably just pick up a TG and run it 2x OCI. Although I admit I’m being petty here given the amount of savings is less than a cup of Starbucks - back when that was a thing.

Back