Favorite Honda Acura filters

3593A/51334 Sized filters in various brands. Not sure yet if they will fit the kids 2019 Civic, but if I end up doing the changes on it instead of her grandad, we'll find out.

I used to really like the 3950 sized ones on my J-Series cars, but they wouldn't fit the wife's I4 Accord, so I standardized on the slightly smaller size.

Last edited:
Any 6607, 7317, 4610, or 4612 works for me. I bought a 12pk of ecogard X4612 for $2.80 each recently. Works perfectly. I do kinda like the 6607 ones because they're cute.

Hey there! Long time listener, first time caller. Regarding the size of the filter in a Honda will largely depend on the climate the car is driven in. The hotter the oil, the more the PSI drops. This is why Honda introduced the small HAMP H1540-PFB-515. Originally intended for Type R's and Type S's, this filter will fit other Hondas as well. At 2.5" tall, this filter is the same size as the Mobil1 M1-108A filter. This will increase oil pressure by about 5 PSI. The importance of keeping oil pressure up in an Honda with VTEC cannot be understated. The Mobile1 M1-110A filter measure in at 3 3/8". This is ideal for cars in climates that see temperatures below freezing. Typically, I'm not a fan of anecdotal evidence. However, I've owned at 2012 Civic Si since new. With 130k on it, I've only every used the smaller filter. Originally the HAMP, but had to switch when it was discontinued. Hope this helps.

Hey there! Long time listener, first time caller. Regarding the size of the filter in a Honda will largely depend on the climate the car is driven in. The hotter the oil, the more the PSI drops. This is why Honda introduced the small HAMP H1540-PFB-515. Originally intended for Type R's and Type S's, this filter will fit other Hondas as well. At 2.5" tall, this filter is the same size as the Mobil1 M1-108A filter. This will increase oil pressure by about 5 PSI. The importance of keeping oil pressure up in an Honda with VTEC cannot be understated. The Mobile1 M1-110A filter measure in at 3 3/8". This is ideal for cars in climates that see temperatures below freezing. Typically, I'm not a fan of anecdotal evidence. However, I've owned at 2012 Civic Si since new. With 130k on it, I've only every used the smaller filter. Originally the HAMP, but had to switch when it was discontinued. Hope this helps.

Not so sure about the smaller size raising the oil pressure. That would only be true if the oil pressure sensor was before the filter, and even in that situation the oil pressure would be the same after the filter anyway (where most pressure sensors are located) because oil pressure is directly related to the oil flow volume through the fixed resistance of the system at any given point downstream of the oil filter. Since the oil pump is positive displacement, the oil flow volume (and hence the oil pressure after the filter) will be the same if all other factors are held constant (oil temp/viscosity, engine RPM).

Last edited:
Here's a link to the Fram Ultra I used on my wife's car along with Pics. Filter was run for 2 years in total. Car has a lot of short tripping.

I've used just about every filter out there for my Honda/Acura vehicles I've owned and serviced throughout the years. I suspect I had an issue with a faulty ADBV in an Amsoil over 10 years ago (engine clattering for a few seconds and the oil pressure light would stay on longer on cold startups), but otherwise never had a filter issue. I've used a bunch of Fram Xtended Guard/Ultra filters over the years and they have all been perfect.

I have been using mostly ACDelco PF2057 for the past few 5k OCs. They are well-built and < $3 when Amazon has them on sale. However I will likely switch to Bosch D+ or Fram U after my stash is used up, just so I can leave them on for two OCI.

I use the Fram XG7317 on the Odyssey for 2x or 1 yr which works out to ~ 12k ish miles.

For the ‘03 Accord, usually the Bosch 3323 for 1x OCI. I pick them up when they go < $4 on Amzn.

I have had Honda's for years and usually use the Fram Tough Guard. I bought some Quarter State filters really inexpensively at Menard's and have about 3 of those left as well as one Mobil 1 filter that I bought to take advantage of a rebate. I have never purchased the original Honda oil filter. I had problems with a couple of the Quaker State filters leaking slowly and they had to be re-tightened. Probably my fault but I never had that problem with any filter except the Quaker State. It makes me wonder if they had a bad batch or something.

Back