Favorite Beer threads of 2013 combined

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP has a lot of choices to ponder if you've only had two kinds.

The other night I picked up some Schnell's Grain Belt. It's pretty good, a lot like a miller but more bitter. Used to drink it in our garage all the time. I do choke it down towards the bottom of the bottle but the first half of it is pretty decent.

Otherwise my favorite beer of all time has to be Budweiser Select 55. It's so light and I can pound 5 of them before I start to get tired of them. If 55 is not available I'll gladly take a 'Rock, I like them a lot but they have to be ICE COLD or else they are like drinking your own urine. Michelob Ultra is probably #3 on the list, and then Busch Light (could be #3 actually), Miller Lite, Coors Lite, MGD, Keystone light, and if none of that is available I'll grab a box of crackers and some Bud Light. Not a huge Bud fan. Once in awhile I'll take a Sam's Light too.

Worst on my list has to be Corona, Heineken, Goose Island (probably the worst ever), Fat Tire, and Beck's. If you're not into your beers tasting like syrup, stay away from some of the more exotic beers like Goose Island and Fat Tire. I like the light lagers so stay with a 55 or a Rolling Rock if that's what you like.

Go to a place that sells single bottles and get a 6 pack of a mix of beers to see what you like. Since you are on the east coast and can actually get this beer I can recommend Yuenglings original. Recently discovered it on trip. Oldest brewery in America..must be doing something right.

Originally Posted By: chevys10
Go to a place that sells single bottles and get a 6 pack of a mix of beers to see what you like. Since you are on the east coast and can actually get this beer I can recommend Yuenglings original. Recently discovered it on trip. Oldest brewery in America..must be doing something right.

Oh yeah. That's a good advice. That's how I figured out what I wanted to buy cases of and what I didn't. Nothing worse than dropping $20 on a case of bitter beer and having no friends to bum it on. Down the hatch (the drain, that is)

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Quote:

But if I drank beer it would be a micro brew.

Some micro brews are affirmation that bad beer can also be made in small batches

IPA=Its Pretty Awful

Personally, IPA's and Double IPA's are my favorite style for the majority of the year. In the winter I'll go to darker stuff, but the rest of the year IPA's are great. However there are probably more bad IPA's than good ones I'd say. Seems that with Microbrews,if they make a good IPA, that's mostly what they make and they kinda suck at other beers. Same goes for vice versa.

Satisfaction Jacksin from our local Ale Asylum brewery is one of my all time Favorites. I don't mind stuff from Flying Dog either or Dogfish Head.

Flying dog has some neat artwork on the bottles. Raging [censored] is a good one.

I got some "Sapporo."

It's made in Canada!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: durallymax
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Quote:

But if I drank beer it would be a micro brew.

Some micro brews are affirmation that bad beer can also be made in small batches

IPA=Its Pretty Awful

Personally, IPA's and Double IPA's are my favorite style for the majority of the year. In the winter I'll go to darker stuff, but the rest of the year IPA's are great. However there are probably more bad IPA's than good ones I'd say. Seems that with Microbrews,if they make a good IPA, that's mostly what they make and they kinda suck at other beers. Same goes for vice versa.

Satisfaction Jacksin from our local Ale Asylum brewery is one of my all time Favorites. I don't mind stuff from Flying Dog either or Dogfish Head.

Flying dog has some neat artwork on the bottles. Raging [censored] is a good one.

U like raging [censored] u should try Ale Asylum Bedlam I never can get enough when released love Belgium Citra hop IPA

I saw Red Stripe, Yuengling, Fosters (Australian for beer,) Beck's, Heiny, and Raging Cock. Also one called "Bird Dog." I said "If that doens't look like Southern Comfort.."

I like Evan Williams whiskey

He mentioned Mike's Hard Lemonade

It was a mess.

I got Sapporo. it says made in Canada, and Japanese beer...

Originally Posted By: Hallmark
Originally Posted By: GearheadTool
I got some "Sapporo."

It's made in Canada!
smile.gif

A Japanese brewer who bought out Sleeman (Canada) in 2006.

I also asked about some LaBatt Blue, in honor of our Canadian friends that I shoot the poo poo with every day, about something or another.
smile.gif

I still owe Clevy that drink just the only question is what car I'm picking him up from Logan in...

Right now I'm
beer3.gif

.. actually, more like this, but with beer.
coffee2.gif

Last edited:
Darn now I'm in the mood. Going to have to run out the door across the snowy lawn to the Ultramar gas station to pick up something on sale.

I can't believe I used to get into the car to drive there it is literally 200 yards away.

My favorite beer of all time is Guiness.

But I like Heineken, Rickards IPA, and a few strong beers.

For getting relaxed I like a cheap box of Pabst Blue Ribbon when I am just chilling around the house.

Going to get my boots on to go
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Falken
Darn now I'm in the mood. Going to have to run out the door across the snowy lawn to the Ultramar gas station to pick up something on sale.

I can't believe I used to get into the car to drive there it is literally 200 yards away.

My favorite beer of all time is Guiness.

But I like Heineken, Rickards IPA, and a few strong beers.

For getting relaxed I like a cheap box of Pabst Blue Ribbon when I am just chilling around the house.

Going to get my boots on to go
smile.gif

Yay!

And if I never drove the Volvo in the snow we would sitll have it.

Maybe we didn't want it.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: dave123

U like raging [censored] u should try Ale Asylum Bedlam I never can get enough when released love Belgium Citra hop IPA

Im with you on that one. I loved that beer. I also like their Ballistic IPA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back