Farm and Fleet synthetic 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
Long time reader but new member. I was hoping for some opinions on Farm and Fleet synthetic 5w30 motor oil. I recently purchased a used 2003 GMC Envoy with the inline 4.2 that currently has about 121k on the odometer. I changed the oil using QSUD 5w30 and a Mobil 1 filter. I was considering trying the Farm and Fleet oil because I can currently ger it for $2.69 a quart on sale. It is GF5 and Dexos1 Gen2. Any reason I shouldn't be able to use this either 7000 mile oci or by the olm?

It's going in my wife's terrain tonight. I believe it's a CITGO product, and from the spec sheet it seems good it's d1g2, so it should be good as anything else....for the most part. Best of all, it's a good deal.

Thanks, I was thinking it was a Citgo oil. I'm thinking maybe rebadged Citgo superguard. I think I'll pick up 7 quarts at least, enough for a full oil change. Run it for a full oci and see how I like it.

Did the same. Between that oil and the CITGO with rebates, they have some smoking deals. I've always run the "big names," but I may give this and the actual CITGO some runs and see how I like them.

Makes sense, the price for synthetic oil intrigues me. I don't see any oil leaks on my Envoy and I'm hoping anything that holds 7 quarts of oil isn't too picky.

Yeah it should be very good...

Any Dexos gen 2 approval oil is strong oil.

Citgo oil passes it and for a decent price... I'd go for it.

Last edited:
It's probably the same Citgo product often sold as "Harvest King" oil in various Farm & Ranch stores.

Originally Posted by Envoyguy
Hello
Long time reader but new member. I was hoping for some opinions on Farm and Fleet synthetic 5w30 motor oil. I recently purchased a used 2003 GMC Envoy with the inline 4.2 that currently has about 121k on the odometer. I changed the oil using QSUD 5w30 and a Mobil 1 filter. I was considering trying the Farm and Fleet oil because I can currently ger it for $2.69 a quart on sale. It is GF5 and Dexos1 Gen2. Any reason I shouldn't be able to use this either 7000 mile oci or by the olm?

Want cheap oil for an inexpensive older vehicle you just purchased? Then include a cheap filter like Fram Extra Guard or Supertech. Why buy expensive extended life filters and bargain-rate oils? Match them both the same.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by Envoyguy
Hello

Want cheap oil for an inexpensive older vehicle you just purchased? Then include a cheap filter like Fram Extra Guard or Supertech. Why buy expensive extended life filters and bargain-rate oils? Match them both the same.

Man this is some werid advice. Your plan is good and run it for at least 7K.

Thanks, going to pick some up this weekend. Going to order a Fram Ultra oil filter off Amazon. They have the larger one for my vehicle that isn't available locally for some reason. I do realize my oil filter choices may be overkill but the extra cost is negligible and I hate skimping where the filter is concerned. Choosing to try this particular oil isn't just about the price, it's more about believing that if it meets the same specs for that price point it is a heck of a deal and still should be more than adequate.

Not sure why you would care how much money I spend on oil vs filter, though I do kind of see your point of view. My thoughts are any oil that meets the same specs should be more than adequate. Filters are, to me, an entirely different thing. The extended drain filters both filter better and hold more stuff you don't want floating around in your oil.

I don't know if Farm & Fleet sells the Prime Guard filters, but you won't be skimping if you use those. I'm completely satisfied with them in my Nissan, Hyundai and Chevy. No issues whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back