Excess Vehicles May Be Towed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kira
People who can't spell "probably" don't deserve a car...or even a spot on the floor. It's time to toughen up America. We're England now!

kinda tough on him dont ya think?

Originally Posted By: lexus114
Originally Posted By: Kira
People who can't spell "probably" don't deserve a car...or even a spot on the floor. It's time to toughen up America. We're England now!

kinda tough on him dont ya think?

prolly

For years, I was required to keep a Company Car (later a work van) but was discouraged from driving it for personal reasons. So, I got my own (sportier) car.

That's TWO CARS for me alone....

I have 5 cars in my driveway. I like it because anybody casing the house is confused as to whether there is actually anyone home or not. That law really sucks. Even when I was financially challenged my wife and I had 3 cars between us for when one broke down. Once I had two broken at once; not fun times.

Originally Posted By: Collingwood
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Owning property is a privilege, not a right, that's why the majority of the population don't own anything of value.

Well, in the US it is a right, 331 U.S. 1.

It sounds as if Minnesota is trying their best to become another California.

Sure is. Both states prohibit phone holders being mounted to the windshield.

That I don't have a problem with. People shouldn't be doing ANYTHING with their phones while they're driving...

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Some cities are trying to crack down on people renting a house and having 2 or 3 families under one roof.

Very common here in Florida for a person to rent out rooms in a 4 bedroom house and 8 cars in front of the house at night.

That's different, and I wouldn't have a problem with that, but limiting how many vehicles you can have on your own property of a single family home is Hitler-esk...

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Move out of the City ... County prolly has no such restrictions
smile.gif

Prolly is spelled correct.... "County Prolly"....the name of the county.
Like in Ireland...."County Cork"

Sew putt a kork in it, al you speling be champes!

Hitler-esk= far out there towards one side of things ideologically and that's the side running place out west and there in that city.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: grampi
Owning property is a privilege, not a right, that's why the majority of the population don't own anything of value.

That I don't have a problem with. People shouldn't be doing ANYTHING with their phones while they're driving...

I guess you think people shouldn't be allowed to drive anywhere unless they know exactly how to get there ahead of time, then? God forbid you need to take an Uber. Using GPS on my phone in a mount is much less distracting than staring down at the screen in my hand.

That said, we have 3 vehicles (and 3 trailers) parked in our driveway every day in the People's Republic and no one cares.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Anduril

I guess you think people shouldn't be allowed to drive anywhere unless they know exactly how to get there ahead of time, then? God forbid you need to take an Uber. Using GPS on my phone in a mount is much less distracting than staring down at the screen in my hand.
[/quote]

You don't have to do anything with your GPS while you're driving....you can enter your destination before you leave, and turn it off when you arrive...

Originally Posted By: Anduril

You don't have to do anything with your GPS while you're driving....you can enter your destination before you leave, and turn it off when you arrive...

You stated that you had a problem with phone holders in general. I was pointing out why that is absurd. Pretty sure fiddling with your phone while driving is already covered under "distracted driving" laws.

Last edited:
Need to have a good lawyer file individual suits for each person in city that feels infringed. Thousands and thousands of lawsuits.

Originally Posted By: Y_K
Maximum 2 cars per dwelling - Minneapolis

Hmmm.

About 13 or 14 years ago, our municipality began adopting pieces of something called an International Property Code, which I derisively call their French property code, where it apparently originated from, which lends itself to all kinds of micro management mischief like this.

As part of our upgrades, we have an ordinance that basically prohibits parking vehicles on any type of a soft surface, apparently regardless of zoning classification. This led to a friend of mine covering his backyard in SB2 gravel.

If you have more than five cars outside in one location, you are supposed to have a used car dealer license, but this also gets you into zoning classification issues, and seems to be sort of arbitrarily applied.

Personally, I don't care. If a neighbor wants to hang a small block Chevy from a tree limb, I'm down with it. This is America, after all.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Need to have a good lawyer file individual suits for each person in city that feels infringed. Thousands and thousands of lawsuits.

Most cities could not care less. They fight you with public money. You fight them with your money. Guess who typically has the staying power in that fight?

Navigation.

my cousin lived in a place that if you left the garage door open more than 2 hr. you got a call from the neighborhood watch dog. AND you cant work on your car.

Originally Posted By: red7404
my cousin lived in a place that if you left the garage door open more than 2 hr. you got a call from the neighborhood watch dog. AND you cant work on your car.

HOA nonsense.

I have no desire to ever live in one of those places.

All of which is why I live @1 mile from my nearest neighbor. As for HOAs, they probably wouldn't be so numerous if the Berlin Wall hadn't fallen, as most HOA members would then be working for the Stasi in East Germany...

Get active, Minnesota residents, stand for election, lobby your councillers, reverse this legislation. Don't use this forum to whine about it, use it instead to drum up support.
It will take time, money and a lot of unrewarding hard work to do this. Guess what, it was thee three factors that created great nations, and won freedom for oppressed peoples.

Claud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back