Ever Take a Hyundai to 300k miles?

Originally Posted by Trav
Are you claiming to be a mechanic now after admitting many times that you are not. You know a little about a few things to do with vehicles and that's fine but your postings show a lack of experience and skill when it comes down to anything more than very basic repairs.

Do you really need me to explain this again? Really do you really have that short term memory?

Last edited:
I forgot tell me again.
lol.gif

I forgot tell me again.
lol.gif

I guess I forgot too, maybe because we're not Millennials. LOL

I forgot tell me again.
lol.gif

I'm not a licensed mechanic, never claimed to be EVER (this was you trying to make it out that I pretending to be)... But I have done and seen alot thanks to my dad who is a licensed mechanic of 50 years (It involved actual schooling, exams, and apprenticeship here).

I have worked during my childhood and teenage years in both of the 2 shops he had before retiring recently when his health (cancer) got the best of him. In that time I've worked as a mechanic apprentice (you could say) under his supervision on vehicles in his shop and this has included diagnostics, repair, engine and transmission complete tear down and rebuilds. I was close to writing the exams here to be licensed but at the last minute ended up going to school for computer engineering. (Partly because my dad wanted better for me, partly because I had a knack for technology)

I always took an interest in auto-mechanics during those years and always helped out during my college years when the shops would be busy and to stay current in my knowledge.

So while I'm not officially licensed I'm not a Harbor Freight tool shade tree / driveway mechanic in my knowledge either. Further there hasn't been anything that I haven't been able to fix for my own vehicles and family/friends vehicles now that my dad is too sick to be a part of it. So again I will say. TRY ME but stop with your egotistical "i'm better than you because I have my ASE" nonsense and quit pretending like I'm running around BITOG claiming to be a mechanic which has never been the case.

Last edited:
You really to give it a rest, you get too wound up over nothing.

No I just hate B.S. and you like to spread it when it comes to me. But it's fine. I got lots of time between sales calls to give it back.

You said you were sick so I said a you tube video would be faster and finished my comment with LOL. It was meant as any sort of attack or anything else, at worst a poor attempt at humor.
But instead of taking it as intended you got all unhinged, you really have some issues.

You said you were sick so I said a you tube video would be faster and finished my comment with LOL. It was meant as any sort of attack or anything else, at worst a poor attempt at humor.
But instead of taking it as intended you got all unhinged, you really have some issues.

Yeah... Ok, nice cover story... And given your past history here all over my posts I don't think you are fooling anyone.

Go find another video will ya.
lol.gif

I'm done when you are... Also when you get a minute please show me where in the BITOG rules that video posting isn't allowed? Everyone I have posted with the exception of one has sparked some sort of conversation so I fail to see how it's even a problem.

Not if the fluid is changed regularly. My Santa Fe had no serviceable filter and lasted 300K miles with the auto-transmission. Although I used Amsoil in it so I'm not sure if that's why. I found the Diamond SP-III from the dealer went dark quickly

Maybe I'll have the patience to try to take my Sonata that far.

I had every intention of taking my Camry that far, but my bad back needed more comfort. If I kept driving the Camry 2 years ago instead of buying the Sonata it would have 268k miles, would be only 18ish months away from 300k!

Actively working on it in regards to the 300K topic....

I'm at 112,000 on my 2016 Tucson Turbo, although I suspect the DCT won't make it to 200K. There's some oil consumption at about a quart every 3-4000 miles. Engine is pretty quiet and smoother than the 2.0 EcoBoost Fusion that I had for the past week with 15K on it (granted it was a rental....).

Originally Posted by StevieC
Originally Posted by JLTD
Calling StevieC...

My Santa Fe went that far and then the camshaft let go. Was a great car to me. All original with the exception of the Alternator, Battery, tires, brakes and Oxygen sensors.

I'm a bit late because I have a bad cold at the moment.

That's impressive. What year was your Santa Fe?
My 2013 Veloster just hit 279,000 and still going no issues or lights on the dash. Liqui Moly oil used for the life of the vehicle no leaks. I've only had to get an A/c recharge tires , brakes,

Back