Evaporation of gasoline in engine oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
The oil will still be damaged by the fuel though. And how would it burn off? Would it sort of ignite or smoulder off etc? Would this cause deposits to form as well?

148C is a pretty high temp, I wouldn't want to operate my engine for long at those temps. Getting it that high could be a challenge for some cars.

It would evaporate. But the whole issue is moot. I'm waiting to see how the dual injection engines work out in terms of controlling dilution. I personally hope they find a better way than rich mixtures because that's increasing particulate emissions on DI and TGI engines. I don't want to see DPF on gas engines

The Hyundai GDI Turbo motor make oil. The fuel dilution will actually increase the oi level over the OCI.

So will the VM diesel in my Captiva, and also the Colorado on around town stuff. (both diesels)

Captiva spent 8 months on the dealers yard, driving 100 feet twice daily, plus test drives...had an extra quart (over and above the 6.5 in it).

Let's say a TGDI engine was run on e85.

Would dilution be better? Or worse. I think better because the ethanol fraction will readily evaporate and be cleared by the PCV system

Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010
It would evaporate. But the whole issue is moot. I'm waiting to see how the dual injection engines work out in terms of controlling dilution. I personally hope they find a better way than rich mixtures because that's increasing particulate emissions on DI and TGI engines. I don't want to see DPF on gas engines

I was thinking that a dual injection system was to help with carbon buildup in the valves, not fuel dilution. But I'm not an engine guy and maybe it helps with both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back