Euro Synthetic 5W30 Oils Used In American Branded GDI Engines ?

I would venture to say that most oil consumption is not because of the oil but because of the owner.
*The Lubrizol chart (VW) is very telling ! ... SP rated oil does not look so good in all categories of the chart (except oxidation) . I bought Valvoline 10W30 Advanced SP rated to try and if no improvement in over consumption over the 4K mile OCI - then I will try the VW508 , etc. rated Euro oils in 5W30 .

I agree. Will be sad when everything is electric.
*Bob Is The Electric Guy just doesn't have the same sound as BITOG ! ... In 2030 we can talk about differences in batteries and charging times and then to break up the discussions we can compare cabin air filters (yawn) .

I'm not even sure how great dual injection is at preventing valve deposits, since it's only used at low loads and only a small amount of fuel is actually sprayed by the port injector when they are in use, in the Toyota implementation , I'm not sure how everyone else is doing it, the primary purpose is to create a fully atomized lean pocket in the entire cylider and then when the in cylinder injector injects the greater volume of fuel you get a rich fuel mixture in the middle of the cylinder near the spark plug and a lean pocket further out, which apparently helps keep the catalyst up to temp and I guess reduce fuel usage too or something.

In the mitsubishi implementation, port injection is used 100% of the time, and in certain conditions gdi aswell. It appeared to me they did gdi stuff when knock could be an issue.

*The Lubrizol chart (VW) is very telling ! ... SP rated oil does not look so good in all categories of the chart (except oxidation) . I bought Valvoline 10W30 Advanced SP rated to try and if no improvement in over consumption over the 4K mile OCI - then I will try the VW508 , etc. rated Euro oils in 5W30 .
VW 508 is 0w-20 oil, imho you'll be better off with C3 and MB229.51/52 oil, there are a few in 0w-30 grade.

Back