Euro 30 in a Coyote engine

Most of the Ford secs mirror API specs. The outlier is their spec for diesel engines.
I think you are saying manufacturers' specs are a joke, to the extent they mirror API or other outside specs. I've always been curious about this. What is your source as to the referenced Ford spec?

I tried a euro 0w30 in my coyote and I hated it. The noise was too much. I changed it out in short order and went thicker and didn’t look back. It was some rebranded shell helix that I used. Was not impressed. Now I am running 5w50 liqui moly molygen and I must admit that it’s the quietest the engine has ever been. 2018 5.0 F150 with a tune, mustang intake manifold and a free flowing y pipe / full exhaust. Besides this liqui moly, rotella t6 5w40 was the most quiet. No issues with running a 40 or 50 grade in these. Many tuners and engine builders are recommending it. And ford does as well when you boost these.

It may not always be right for every application, but at least for me I just put Mobil 1 0W40 in literally everything. Jags, Fords, GMs, and now VW. To be fair the VW is the first one that actually called for a certification that's on the bottle.

In my case , 2018 mustang gt. Had the timing components replaced under powertrain warranty and still, xW20 ford's approved xW30, I get the noise just like chain slap, it's freaking horrible.
Heavy 30, 40 quiet as a mouse.
So it sounds that this engines like heavier engine oils

I tried a euro 0w30 in my coyote and I hated it. The noise was too much. I changed it out in short order and went thicker and didn’t look back. It was some rebranded shell helix that I used. Was not impressed. Now I am running 5w50 liqui moly molygen and I must admit that it’s the quietest the engine has ever been. 2018 5.0 F150 with a tune, mustang intake manifold and a free flowing y pipe / full exhaust. Besides this liqui moly, rotella t6 5w40 was the most quiet. No issues with running a 40 or 50 grade in these. Many tuners and engine builders are recommending it. And ford does as well when you boost these.
2012 F150, 5.0 with 82K miles. I've found that my motor also prefers thicker oils. If I use SuperTech 5w20, the motor is noticeably noisy at hot idle. Tried QS FS 5w30 last OC and the motor was as quiet as the day I bought it, at least for the first 2k miles, but then it gradually became noisier. I'm currently trying Amsoil SS 5w30, but it's nearly as noisy as when I use 5w20. I'll try a xW40 next.

Back