Ecogard X10040 cut open

Purolator PSL filters were wire backed - read the description in the link below (snap shot posted). So there's no way they would ever have wavy pleats. Going for another Wyle explosion? 😄

View attachment 210113
It was a long time ago but I do remember you busting on it in such hypocritical fashion.
coulda been a Bosch then. Blue, full synthetic media, not wire backed??? I’m positive you would remember. You probably have all the info on it in you M+H file but you won’t say so.
Beep beep.

this thread is going to be locked
Not only that, but someone should be locked-up (banned) who doesn't know what he's talking about, and comes out of nowhere trying to troll and slander someone for what they "think" someone said many years ago that must have hurt their feelings, and obviously he can't back up his misguided claims in any way. And he keeps coming back and trying to keep digging for "something". It is pretty ridiculous on his part. What's the goal, except to just embarrass himself because none of his slanderous claims have been backed up, and instead shown to be false on his part. Boom goes the dynamite. 💣

Last edited:
It was a long time ago but I do remember you busting on it in such hypocritical fashion.
coulda been a Bosch then. Blue, full synthetic media, not wire backed??? I’m positive you would remember. You probably have all the info on it in you M+H file but you won’t say so.
Beep beep.
All of this is just sycobabble until you can go dig up the posts showing exactly what I said many years ago. Maybe you need to look into some good memory enhancing medications. 😄

I also get a hint of Fram hate undertones going on with you, and not liking your dog's choice in vehicles and oil filters. Just don't let him use filters that tear media, but wavy pleats are OK. 😜 😂

I also get a hint of Fram hate undertones going on with you, and not liking your dog's choice in vehicles and oil filters. Just don't let him use filters that tear media, but wavy pleats are OK. 😜 😂
Picked these old style XG8As up at a local Walmart like a year ago or so.
Got this 1 left and one on the truck right now. Being used in the transmission cooler line.
like I said, I’m pulling for them, actually. We don’t have a lot of American owned companies left in that industry. Its just embarrassing right now seeing what they are putting out.

IMG_1150.jpeg

Last edited:
like I said, I’m pulling for them, actually. We don’t have a lot of American owned companies left in that industry. Its just embarrassing right now seeing what they are putting out.
Because of "wavy" pleats? 😄 My biggest grip about filters in general is the ones that use louvered center tubes need to get a handle on being able to form well opened and consistent louvers - guys on those machines must be sleeping or new to production. But you know what's really embarrassing ... torn media from a certain filter maker, which has been shown to still be going on today (ref the link in post 21). Fact is, many brands of filters have taken a hit of some kind over the last few years for obvious reasons related to supply issues and also inflation factors. People can't live in the past and cry forever about nonsense, just gotta move on and find the things that make you happy and work from what's available.

Last edited:
Back