Ecogard X10040 cut open

This filter was used for 2 months, 8587 miles and 197 hours on my 2018 Ram Promaster with the 3.6 Pentastar engine with 275763 miles.

Out: QSUD 5W-20 and Ecogard X10040, Made in China in February 2023.

In: QSUD 5W-20 and a Dorman filter that came with the oil filter/cooler assembly that I replaced at the same time.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Many Thanks for the cp...👍
According to the new @ZeeOSix criteria...it failed..😆 🤣
You're welcome.

I know this filter wont win any beauty contests but it didn't tear, so I'm good with that. I bought 2 on walmart.com when they were on sale for $4.30 each to see how they do. But I won't buy any more since I have a bunch of Wix Pro-Tec filters that I got on rockauto for $2.65 each. And the last Pro-Tec I used came out prettier.

Many Thanks for the cp...👍
According to the new @ZeeOSix criteria...it failed..😆 🤣
Nope, that's all the "wavy pleats critics" around here who think it's "bad" if the pleats aren't laser straight, lol. Anyone that reads this board knows I don't consider wavy pleats as the end of the world, only the filter "C&P contestant judges" have that criteria. 😄 Learn how to read better. ;) 😜

Last edited:
Nope, that's all the "wavy pleats critics" around here who think it's "bad" if the pleats aren't laser straight, lol. Anyone that reads this board knows I don't consider wavy pleats as the end of the world, only the filter "C&P contestants" have that criteria. 😄 Learn how to read better. ;) 😜
If the pleats are going to wave at me while I'm driving the filter housing better me translucent and better yet transparent. 👋👋👋🏴

This filter was used for 2 months, 8587 miles and 197 hours on my 2018 Ram Promaster with the 3.6 Pentastar engine with 275763 miles.

In: QSUD 5W-20 and a Dorman filter that came with the oil filter/cooler assembly that I replaced at the same time.

View attachment 209471

View attachment 209472

View attachment 209473

View attachment 209474

View attachment 209475

View attachment 209476

View attachment 209477

View attachment 209478

View attachment 209479

Nice filter and great photos. I Thank You

Nope, that's all the "wavy pleats critics" around here who think it's "bad" if the pleats aren't laser straight, lol. Anyone that reads this board knows I don't consider wavy pleats as the end of the world, only the filter "C&P contestant judges" have that criteria. 😄 Learn how to read better. ;) 😜
Did you adopt this opinion after realizing it’s the new norm for fram elements ? 😉
Is rust underneath sure grip or paint gonna be acceptable soon too?
I liked the TG where they forgot a whole section of filter media. I have no doubt that one flows really well. I know I know somehow it’s all Man/Hummels fault lol.

View attachment 209471

View attachment 209472

View attachment 209473

View attachment 209474

View attachment 209475

View attachment 209476

View attachment 209477

View attachment 209478

View attachment 209479
Most filters come out a little wavy or twisty in the Pentastars. This one is a little worse the ones I’ve seen with mine. I’ve used the MPs from Walmart almost exclusively and they are usually a little bit twisted but not really wavy.

Did you adopt this opinion after realizing it’s the new norm for fram elements ? 😉
Is rust underneath sure grip or paint gonna be acceptable soon too?
I liked the TG where they forgot a whole section of filter media. I have no doubt that one flows really well. I know I know somehow it’s all Man/Hummels fault lol.
wavy media is fine as long as it doesn’t tear. we aren’t seeing torn media out of the new ultra’s. i won’t use them anymore but i would before i spin a M+H filter on until we see better pleat spacing to avoid tears.

wavy media is fine as long as it doesn’t tear. we aren’t seeing torn media out of the new ultra’s. i won’t use them anymore but i would before i spin a M+H filter on until we see better pleat spacing to avoid tears.
lol, gee thanks for sharing. I’m glad “wavy Ultras” are so perfectly fine that you won’t use them anymore.
I actually would use one if I got it for cheap or free or something. I’m not seeing all the issues out of Mann/Hummel though. I do sorta see the brand being used as a scapegoat around here.
But ya know, I’m an ecore guy anyway and there’s an ecore for all my vehicles currently. As long as first brands leaves their hands off of them.

Nope ... I've always said that wavy pleats are a visible aspect that doesn't impact performance. Go find where I haven't made that type of comment in the last 10 years about wavy pleats.

lol, gee thanks for sharing. I’m glad “wavy Ultras” are so perfectly fine that you won’t use them anymore.
I think he was saying he won't use M+H made filters "until we see better pleat spacing to avoid tears". He's shown quite a few C&Ps of new style Ultras he's used in this forum.

Last edited:
Back