Ecogard X10040 cut open

I’m not seeing all the issues out of Mann/Hummel though.
You haven't been paying close attention then. In 15 min I found all of these M+H filters in recent C&Ps with reported media tears.

Nope ... I've always said that wavy pleats are a visible aspect that doesn't impact performance. Go find where I haven't made that type of comment in the last 10 years about wavy pleats.
I do remember you bashing the old blue full synthetic Purolators because they weren't wire backed and were wavy. This was a long time ago when the P1s we're textured yellow and the boss didn't exist yet.

I do remember you bashing the old blue full synthetic Purolators because they weren't wire backed and were wavy. This was a long time ago when the P1s we're textured yellow and the boss didn't exist yet.
Go find it to verify and prove it. Yet, I've said 100s of times that wavy pleats don't really matter, and it was way before Ultras started showing wavy pleats. I've mentioned it a lot lately, because the "beauty pageant judges" are so crazy over wavy pleats lately. It's like the most critical aspect of oil filters to them lately. 😄

You haven't been paying close attention then. In 15 min I found all of these M+H filters in recent C&Ps with reported media tears.

Wow you must keep a collection handy huh?
It's ok, I really don't care too much that you are obsessively and hypocritically anti M+H and obsessively/irrationaly supportive of fram.
I guess we all have our things

Go find it to verify and prove it. Yet, I've said 100s of times that wavy pleats don't really matter, and it was way before Ultras started showing wavy pleats. I've mentioned it a lot lately, because the "beauty pageant judges" are so crazy over wavy pleats lately. It's like the most critical aspect of oil filters to them lately. 😄
Gosh that's probably lost in time or space. Might even be deleted do to the clown show many of the threads became back then.
Peace brother

Wow you must keep a collection handy huh?
It's ok, I really don't care too much that you are obsessively and hypocritically anti M+H and obsessively/irrationaly supportive of fram.
I guess we all have our things
So you supposedly "recall" me making a negative comment about a blue PureOne like 10 years ago, but you can't accurately recall all the other 100s of comments I've made about wavy filter pleats that's its just a visual thing until I started making those same comments about the Ultras with wavy pleats? Sounds like "selective memory" to me. ;)

You don't like that post with all those links to recent reports of torn M+H made filters posted in this forum? It's the facts, not "obsessiveness" - facts are there for all to find and see. Someone claimed in that thread that the tearing issue was "a long time ago" and not present anymore ... and I proved with that search that it's not really "fixed" and still happening right now. The blind needed some corrective glasses. 😄

Gosh that's probably lost in time or space. Might even be deleted do to the clown show many of the threads became back then.
Peace brother
Nah, I can still see the very first post I ever did on this board.

Check my join date with the date of this post.

Last edited:
So you supposedly "recall" me making a negative comment about a blue PureOne like 10 years ago, but you can't accurately recall all the other 100s of comments I've made about wavy filter pleats that's its just a visual thing until I started making those same comments about the Ultras with wavy pleats? Sounds like "selective memory" to me. ;)

You don't like that post with all those links to recent reports of torn M+H made filters posted in this forum? It's the facts, not "obsessiveness" - facts are there for all to find and see. Someone claimed in that thread that the tearing issue was "a long time ago" and not present anymore ... and I proved with that search that it's not really "fixed" and still happening right now. The blind needed some corrective glasses. 😄
I dunno if it was 10 years ago. That would’ve been before I decided to actually join and participate but maybe.

lol I’m sorry I just don’t find you interesting enough to follow you that closely. I certainly wouldn’t have read 100s of your posts. I notice enough to understand that you probably haven’t changed much but that’s about it.

lol I’m sorry I just don’t find you interesting enough to follow you that closely. I certainly wouldn’t have read 100s of your posts. I notice enough to understand that you probably haven’t changed much but that’s about it.
If you don't read much of what I post, then how are you concluding what I actually post or think, or how my views and perspective on anything has changed over the nearly 14 years I've been here? Critical thinking is out the window. 😄

lol, gee thanks for sharing. I’m glad “wavy Ultras” are so perfectly fine that you won’t use them anymore.
I actually would use one if I got it for cheap or free or something. I’m not seeing all the issues out of Mann/Hummel though. I do sorta see the brand being used as a scapegoat around here.
But ya know, I’m an ecore guy anyway and there’s an ecore for all my vehicles currently. As long as first brands leaves their hands off of them.
it isn’t a scape goat. i just posted a torn M+ H made mobil 1 M1-212a and another user posted one about a week ago. i have gone to exclusively AAP carquest premium’s (Premium guards with silicone gaskets/ADBV’s), Fram endurances, or my rather large stash of OG wire backed Titanium’s. it isn’t hate for no reason. i will still use a BOSS that is mesh backed for a fleet vehicle or diesels that don’t have an endurance or premium guard that fits. i’m glad you think it is funny, i was putting titanium’s on all the fleet vehicles until starting to C&P them. i move to the next best offering.

If you don't read much of what I post, then how are you concluding what I actually post or think, or how my views and perspective on anything has changed over the nearly 14 years I've been here? Critical thinking is out the window. 😄
Well I guess you could say you’re just really simple.
I had a Chinese pug when I was a kid, he would never bark at visitors when they knocked. He never barked when they entered nor as they visited. Sometimes they would be there for hours and not a sound outa that dog. But, when they went to leave that dog would go crazy and chase them out the door trying to bite their feet. When the door shut he would continue his rampage around and around in a circle for a good minute. Then he would go lay down.
I remember observing him do this many times. I remember thinking and wondering why. Could it be that he felt insulted? Was he paranoid and thought that anyone that comes and leaves takes something with them that belonged to us? Maybe he thought we should keep those people as pets too??? I really just do not know. After a while I just ignored him most of the time. Once in a while I would observe and see that he was still the same.
Now you, obviously for other reasons, remind me of that dog. He very simply never changed much. It was super easy to predict his behavior but the underlying motives behind his actions are forever a mystery.

Well I guess you could say you’re just really simple.

Now you, obviously for other reasons, remind me of that dog. He very simply never changed much. It was super easy to predict his behavior but the underlying motives behind his actions are forever a mystery.
Well, based on what you post, you are obviously someone who doesn't have any critical thinking skills and is someone who just likes to judge people with zero basis to back up your misconception of reality - you are basically a troller in this case. Comes out of nowhere with accusations you can't back up in any way. Making things up it also seems. You say you don't hardly read anything I post, yet you think you know exactly how I think and operate. You have zero credibility in trying to call me out on something you can't even prove because you admitted you hardly read anything I post - zero logic or critical thinking skills going on between your ears - talk about "simple". It's just a bunch of you know what from you, and you're just another Wyle E. Coyote that blew himself up, lol.

Are you really that butthurt because I don't like filters that tear media (remember, I was once a big Purolator user before "tearogate"), but also don't think that wavy pleats are really anything to worry about - which I've said WAY before the Ultra ever showed any wavy pleats. I think you better do some back-reading over the last 10+ years and get a gasp of reality instead of trying to psychoanalyze your dog. 😂

Last edited:
Well, based on what you post, you are obviously someone who doesn't have any critical thinking skills and is someone who just likes to judge people with zero basis to back up your misconception of reality - you are basically a troller in this case. Comes out of nowhere with accusations you can't back up in any way. Making things up it also seems. You say you don't hardly read anything I post, yet you think you know exactly how I think and operate. You have zero credibility in trying to call me out on something you can't even prove because you admitted you hardly read anything I post - zero logic or critical thinking skills going on between your ears - talk about "simple". It's just a bunch of you know what from you, and you're just another Wyle E. Coyote that blew himself up, lol.

Are you really that butthurt because I don't like filters that tear media (remember, I was once a big Purolator user before "tearogate"), but also don't think that wavy pleats are really anything to worry about - which I've said WAY before the Ultra ever showed any wavy pleats. I think you better do some back-reading over the last 10+ years and get a gasp of reality instead of trying to psychoanalyze your dog. 😂
No lol think you’re an alright guy. Really passionate. I did read a lot of your posts in the past. Now I see them sometimes and sometimes I read them.
I’m rooting for fram( first brands) actually. I hope turn it around.

I’m rooting for fram( first brands) actually. I hope turn it around.
When the wavy pleats are gone, all will be synergistic once again on BITOG. 😂

BTW - here's a couple of posts I did on 9/12/2012 and 10/13/2013 (over 10 years ago, and many more like it going 10+ years back to now) that says wavy pleats are nothing to worry about, just in case you don't get a chance to re-read this board that far back to rectify your false accusations. 😜

Quote: "PureOnes usually have some wavy pleats. Doesn't really hurt anything."

As I said, which you didn't believe, I've been saying that for years ... WAY before wavy pleats ever showed up on any Ultra.

Last edited:
When the wavy pleats are gone, all will be synergistic once again on BITOG. 😂

BTW - here's a couple of posts I did on 9/12/2012 and 10/13/2013 (over 10 years ago, and many more like it going 10+ years back to now) that says wavy pleats are nothing to worry about, just in case you don't get a chance to re-read this board that far back to rectify your false accusations. 😜

Quote: "PureOnes usually have some wavy pleats. Doesn't really hurt anything."

As I said, which you didn't believe, I've been saying that for years ... WAY before wavy pleats ever showed up on any Ultra.

Well would ya look at that! You sure did say some things about wavy pleats not necessarily being a big deal way back then, hmmmmm.
Well I dunno why you said those negative things about puro full synthetic media being wavy and not metal backed all those years ago. It was a bit later of course , after your break up with purolator. You were no fan at that point.

get a gasp of reality instead of trying to psychoanalyze your dog. 😂
🤣🤣🤣
Well I thought the dog was probably at least smarter than a house plant. Like it must have some sort of thought process involved. If he was human he would probably drive a Subaru and use fram oil filters though cuz , I’m telling ya, he wasn’t all there.

Well would ya look at that! You sure did say some things about wavy pleats not necessarily being a big deal way back then, hmmmmm.
Well I dunno why you said those negative things about puro full synthetic media being wavy and not metal backed all those years ago. It was a bit later of course , after your break up with purolator. You were no fan at that point.
I doubt I said anything like your claim in bold. Purolator didn't have a non-backed full synthetic media filter. I probably said something about Purolators tearing media of course. Wavy pleats, as I was saying 12 years ago (or even longer), are nothing to be worried about.

At this point, I'm not taking any value in any of your claims based on something you "thought" I supposedly said many years ago. Go dig up my post(s) about your claim if you're so sure, lol. Otherwise, no credibility.

Last edited:
I doubt I said anything like your claim in bold. Purolator didn't have a non-backed full synthetic media filter. I probably said something about Purolators tearing media of course. Wavy pleats, as I was saying 12 years ago (or even longer), are nothing to be worried about.

At this point, I'm not taking any value in any of your claims based on something you "thought" I supposedly said many years ago. Go dig up my post(s) about your claim if you're so sure, lol. Otherwise, no credibility.
Was the PSL I believe

Was the PSL I believe
Purolator PSL filters were wire backed - read the description in the link below (snap shot posted). So there's no way they would ever have wavy pleats. Going for another Wyle explosion? 😄

1711266349106.jpg

Back