Double blinded VOA study of muscle car oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Popsy
Thank you mr obvious...

By "blindly analyzed" from the op you can also understand the labs didn't know what type of oil they were analyzing. Of course each lab doesn't know others labs are also analyzing the same sample!

But anyway, without results I don't see the point of this thread, except teasing.

Why are we going in circles...

THE OP DID NOT SAY THAT. How are you getting that?

OP:

Originally Posted By: txchief
I've just received the oil analysis reports on 10 different "muscle car" oils blindly analyzed by three different labs. Getting started on my analysis of the findings, but I can already tell you there are going to be some big surprises and some disappointments. Stay tuned. I hope to be done in a couple of weeks. The results will be posted here.

The OP knows which oil he/she is analyzing! OP never said otherwise!

This isn't complicated, folks.

Im not sure why you posted in a thread meant for VOAs if you have no VOA posted or any oil sample posted.. as the thread states.

"This is for New oil samples..."

What is even more funny, the OP makes two posts and doesnt even reply or get involved about his post. hmmm ...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Triton_330

The OP knows which oil he/she is analyzing! OP never said otherwise!

This isn't complicated, folks.

Clearly you don't understand what I wrote. But nevermind, this is an utter waste of time.

Originally Posted By: Triton_330
THE OP DID NOT SAY THAT. How are you getting that?

Thread title.

Quote:
Double blinded VOA study of muscle car oils

Hello all,

I selected 10 oils I was interested in seeing analyzed for use in older performance cars. Another person was assigned to label and submit the samples to three different labs without identifying information (other than claimed viscosity). I did not learn which oil sample corresponded to the ramdom identifer until the results were returned. The results are interesting.

I knew which 10 oils would be submitted, but the labs were given only the viscosity information. I did not know the identity of each sample until after the samples were returned. Thus, I was blinded until the results were returned.

Originally Posted By: alarmguy
Im not sure why you posted in a thread meant for VOAs if you have no VOA posted or any oil sample posted.. as the thread states.

What is even more funny, the OP makes two posts and doesnt even reply or get involved about his post. hmmm ...

WUT? Just wait until I'm done.

I knew which 10 oils would be submitted, but the labs were given only the viscosity information. I did not know the identity of each sample until after the samples were returned. Thus, I was blinded until the results were returned.

It's irrelevant whether or not you are blinded. Doesn't matter. You should only be blind if it actually matters.
Scientists do "double-blind" when the experimenter would have maybe introduced some bias into the experiment. You cannot.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies

It's irrelevant whether or not you are blinded. Doesn't matter. You should only be blind if it actually matters.
Scientists do "double-blind" when the experimenter would have maybe introduced some bias into the experiment. You cannot.

That is true. I did not do any of the chemical analysis of the samples. I did not want to formulate my impression of the reports before I knew their identity. Not that it would be completely necessary, but I wanted to be surprised and to not cloud my decisions about each product due to personal bias. Mostly because I like surprises.

Originally Posted By: alarmguy

WUT? Just wait until I'm done.

What part of this title do you not understand?

"Virgin Oil Analysis - PCMO/HDEO"

If you do not understand the above, let me know maybe I can help.
The very FIRST post in your thread should be the VOAs, instead there is 3 pages of [censored] going back almost 3 weeks now.

I would have loved to see your VOAs, thing is this area is reserved for VOAs, not B*.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kira
I wonder if "Texas Tea" oil (available in 5 gallon pails) will win....y'all?

Or perhaps some ny tea...oh never mind.

Just posted under VOA. "Blinded Muscle Car VOA Study 10 Oils"

Last edited:
I know that. If you actually read the study, you'll see I blinded myself only as a challenge to see if I could match the sample to the product. I wasn't even close, but it was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back