Do your pets 'talk' to you?

You want a good parrot or macaw story? Recently a couple kept finding items added to their amazon account. Their bird would wait till they went to bed tell alexa to turn on the lights then proceed to add items to a grocery list. They quickly turned off Alexa.
That reminds me of the fish who set up a PayPal account and used it.

Cute ol' Jack Russell there. Does he prefer that "hair covering the left eye" hair-style?
In that photo, where does the Mrs keep her doggie bags?

Our five month-old puppy Schnoodle is the most talkative dog we've had yet..... ever since our first dog in 1976.
I try to interpret Henry's various barking sounds, but I never took any classes in either French or German...lol:confused:
I think he favors the left except when he gets cut short in the summer. Yes I have the important job of doggie bags.

Me and Trevor on the Columbia.jpg

Our five month-old puppy Schnoodle is the most talkative dog we've had yet..... ever since our first dog in 1976.
I try to interpret Henry's various barking sounds, but I never took any classes in either French or German...lol:confused:
If you never had a Schnoodle before you are in for a shock. Extremely intelligent animals. Like another poster in here said regarding animals. "Listen" to what they are telling you.
Also while they are young it's important to socialize them. They are incredibly faithful, love to play just important to not let them manipulate you or control you and you will have a pet you will remember the rest of your life... trust me. Ours is going on 14 years old. but that is another story. Ive never been so in tune with an animal as my wife is too.

Our 14 year old Schnoodle we understand very well and him us.
To this day, he knows our routine depending on what room we are in.
Somehow, some way, which we completely do not understand, he knows when we are going to leave the house like 5 minutes before we do. He lays down flat on his belly, paws infant of him. Its almost sad *LOL*
When we come home he grunts and snuggles up to us, we make a big deal of it.

If he gets himself "lost" in the house, it will be one bark spaced about 1 or 2 minutes apart until we find him.
He will find his morning meal after a walk, and stand by his bowl for like ever until I put some milk in it, which he gets after breakfast. (lactose free)

After dinner like clock work, he lays on the floor next to my wife as she does dinner.

We also can understand somehow if he has to go outside to the bathroom other than normal times we take him out. More or less, like for example one night, only happens 2 or 3 times a year? Middle of the night, heard him panting and walking around our bedroom, we know at that point he isnt feeling well and needs to go outside. Bingo we correctly understood him. It's not like when he was younger that he could just head to the door and let out a bark or two. In all the years he never went to the bathroom in our home. (maybe puppy training but that would be it)

Playtime is easy, he *LOL* BANGS HIS TOY BASKET AROUND AND BARKS AT IT hoping we will come over and take a toy out and have tug of war with him. Loves the crunch of empty water bottles and tug of war with a rope? He is so strong he can hurt your arm, my wife has twisted her arm this way many times. He already knows that is only in the evenings when we sit down in the family room to bang the basket.
Talking about toy basket, we moved into our new home 4 months ago, one of his toys were missing out of his basket that we were not aware of, I noticed he wasnt in the room and house, almsot panicked I noticed we left the inside garage door open. He was in the garage with all the stuff still to be unpacked and sniffing the boxes, he found his missing toy (that we didnt know was missing) and then insisted and barked at where it was.

I posted this stuff before some might know by now.
This stuff might seem like elementary stuff to any dog owner. BUT OUR DOG HAS NO EYES, they were surgically removed 2 years ago at twelve years old do to an uncontrollable glaucoma and his eyes rupturing.
IMG_4139.JPG

Second photo, when I found him in the garage sniffing out his lost toy from the basket above.
I mean, sometimes this stuff is almost creepy. *LOL* He is blind.
IMG_4135.jpeg

Last edited:
My cats do. I have two wild one and a old house cat that is out most of the time.

One one male wild one I would see around but never close for 4 years or so. He finally started coming closer when he saw me interacting with the other cats. One female wild cat is very friendly. But I got the black male accustomed enough he started coming up to meow and get belly rubs. Don't even think about picking him up though.

I'm not talking about playful barking or meowing that most all pets do. I'm talking about noises that their species normally don't make.

Our loveable mutt Maizey is one of those 'vocal' dogs. She makes noises that you don't hear very often and each of them has their own meaning.

We've been trying to capture them on video for a while now, but short of running a camera 24/7 they're hard to get. The wife managed to catch one last night and sent it to me (Sorry for the crap video, it was an MMS and I'll never remember to get her to send a good copy of it).

This is doggo wanting us to know that she's still here and we need to at least acknowledge her. You can see when my wife asks her what she wants, she gives a 'nothing, I'm just still here look'.

There's another one she does, usually when I wake up in the afternoons to get ready for work after she's been home with the wife all day. That one is her 'I'm glad dad's awake, mom is boring' one, right before she runs down the hall and tries to flatten me.

Aside from the usual talking to all day.. birds squawk and sounding crickets if they especially wants food... normal with cats too..

..but Goldie POUTS and makes a fuss whenever Mom is about to go to work. Brings objects (slippers, and, lately, a loaf of bread) with a very distinctive sound Snowflake used to make as well.. I caught the tail end of it *rimshot*

Granted, this isn't the most 'trained' thing I've seen people do with their pets, but we didn't train her to do this. The first time she did it was a couple of weeks ago. I asked her if she wanted to go for a walk and she ran over to her leash and bumped it with her nose. The wife and I were actually quite surprised since its not something we'd worked with her on.

This is a few weeks later and hastily shot. Usually, she's quite a bit more excited:

Also, the thumbnail for the video is freaking hilarious. Makes her look crazy!

Dogs and Cats communicate very well, and they wish they could verbalize it better too.
Special note, be aware of xylitol, its more deadly to your dog than antifreeze.
That crap and any food with it should have huge warning stickers.
Thanks for Posting that info ,I had no idea. (Wife is a Sugar free Gum eater.)

Granted, this isn't the most 'trained' thing I've seen people do with their pets, but we didn't train her to do this. The first time she did it was a couple of weeks ago. I asked her if she wanted to go for a walk and she ran over to her leash and bumped it with her nose. The wife and I were actually quite surprised since its not something we'd worked with her on.

This is a few weeks later and hastily shot. Usually, she's quite a bit more excited:

Also, the thumbnail for the video is freaking hilarious. Makes her look crazy!

Awesome dog :)

Awesome dog :)

She's a rescue. The local animal control spent 6 weeks trying to catch her and we've had her a couple of years now. When we first got her I was a bit 'meh' as I didn't want another animal in the house. Now we're best friends, she's a pretty cool "little" dog. One of the most expressive ones I've ever had. Her facial expressions, ear movements, and sounds just let you know exactly what she's thinking at any time.

She's a rescue. The local animal control spent 6 weeks trying to catch her and we've had her a couple of years now. When we first got her I was a bit 'meh' as I didn't want another animal in the house. Now we're best friends, she's a pretty cool "little" dog. One of the most expressive ones I've ever had. Her facial expressions, ear movements, and sounds just let you know exactly what she's thinking at any time.
Thats awesome and I get exactly what you are saying with the expressions. Im a bit older now and we had pets and dogs in the past. They were all great (arent they all) but this one, it's a bit creepy sometimes (lack of better words) so in tune with us, one in a million and I fear nothing will ever be the same when he leaves this world.
Now at 14 years old, though no one would ever know it. He has progressive heart valve disease, just diagnosed recently. He is back to as close as 100% for a 14 year old dog as we give him his first medication ever. FDA approved drug exactly for his condition, improves heart function.
However, his Dr told us, at some point most likely in a year or less the drug will no longer be effective. At that point we will make that decision so he never experiences any pain. Dr understands fully and assures us right now, he is in no pain and treat him like we always do and let him be a dog. We still have our tug of war battles every night with a rope. 🙃

Dogs are just plain amazing gifts to mankind.
(as cats are too)

Lets be happy they really can't talk because the wife's Corgi would black mail me. Corgis seem cute but they are stubby legged Hyenas. . The neighbors Corgie is exactly the same.

Back