Do you take your work lunch break/how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work by myself in an office so lunch can be anywhere from 1 or 2 hrs. As long as the job gets done.
Depending on the workload that day.

I didn't always take my morning & afternoon breaks(although I tried) unless I needed to use the facilities however, I always had lunch.

Often I ate at my desk but, I had to limit doing that because the interruption were endless. I actually would have prefered to stay at my desk for the use of my computer even if it was to browse the web or call home and relax/chill, or just catch up and get ahead of my work day.

I often resorted to going into the cafetera which was crowded & noisy and people were still talking about the job with papers, folders, laptops/tablets spread all over the tables and people talking with their mouths full.

This is NOT ONLY what we've come to expect but, come to accept!

Now, everyday is SATURDAY!

Last edited:
Most of my co-workers who still work in the office stopped taking a lunch break they could still take if the wanted to. Now, most of them choose to get out of that (expletive deleted) hole sooner rather than later.

Originally Posted By: Delta
Lunch break? Hah, we're not allowed to take those or any other breaks for that matter. Consider yourselves lucky.

No lunch break.

Isn't that against the law ???

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: Delta
Lunch break? Hah, we're not allowed to take those or any other breaks for that matter. Consider yourselves lucky.

No lunch break.

Isn't that against the law ???

There's a loophole they get around; they consider our travel time as "break" especially the stations we travel to and from (1.5 to 2 hours). The places we have to stay in hotels during the week are spaced just far enough away to equal the days break time amount...

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Delta,

What does your labor union say about the company abusing their employees ?

We are non-union employees.

Trying to get out of there as fast as I can.

When it's not too hot or cold I do like a bicycle ride, but it's easy to blow past an hour doing that. [An hour being the typical time for lunch here.] If I don't do that I usually eat at my desk and surf BITOG or similar.

The chemical plant I work in has 12 hour shifts. We don't have dedicated lunch or any breaks for that matter. I'm an operator in an area that for the most part is ran by keystroke with some hands on stuff. We are free to manage our time as we see fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back