Do you have "brand loyalty"??? e.g., Purchased the same make of vehicle your entire adult life?

You forgot

Coca-cola
Nike
Target
P&G
Disney
AmEx
Bud Light

I thought we were talking cars? Are these brands we like or don't?

I usually go Nike for clothing, shoes and glasses. Shop at Target for essentials regularly, P&G well I guess Gillette stuff and Tide are good. I won't leave home without my Amex Platinum.

No. It pretty much comes down to the vehicle meeting my needs, value and price.

I have owned Buick, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Hyundai, Kia, Nissan, Subaru, and Toyota. Several of each for most of that list. I like to try new brands. I'll probably check out VW at some point.

Ford. 3 of our 4 vehicles are Fords, original owners of all of them (98/04/13). When we were in the market for a full size SUV family ride, we looked at Expeditions first, but the only engine option was the 3.5EB, that killed it for me and we ended up with a Nissan Armada Platinum Reserve 4x4 and it has been a great vehicle (130K on it now).

I guess I tend to lean more towards Ford. The Chevy's I had except the Cavaliers were junk and never cared for how Dodges drive. The Dakota doesn't get driven that much for that reason. The Chevy based RV ehh I'm making it work although a Ford chassis would of been better. Next vehicles might not be Ford though, these rusted out way to easily and slew of other issues. What's next is whatever she wants, and she doesn't like Chevy/Dodge so I'm safe there.

Couldn't care less about brands.
When I get a car, it's because I like that particular model for some reason.
Renault Espace, Pontiac Transport, Chrysler Voyager, Ford Explorer are my cars oft the last 25ish years.

I have had work supplied lease vehicles from both Ford and GM but only purchased Toyota's since 1984.

Paco

I've owned several makes, so, not possible for me. I do have buying tendencies now, but at least try to remain open to buying what meets my needs.

Isuzu->Subaru->Chevy->Saturn->VW->Toyota->Toyota

I used to be diehard all GM but now I buy whatever I like and have an open mind to other makes and own other makes as well.

I think my only loyalty might be my favorite brand of sunglasses. I go so far the other direction on vehicles that if I needed another truck I would buy a Ram. I would have never thought I’d arrive at that solution.

We stay brand loyal until the vehicle has more than average problems.

Volvo - rusted out, expensive repairs. Never again.
Ford - purchased many of them, has good luck with the trucks until the Aerostar. Repair costs were close to the vehicle price (fortunately covered by extended warranty). Moved to a Mercury Villager, but too many things broke repeatedly (exhaust manifold bolts especially). Nissan was also nixed after that.
GM - Had a few Oldsmobiles, thanks to employee discount. Not great, but reliable enough. We should have kept our Geo Prizm, a Corolla with leather and a manual. Best car we had.
Honda- Very nice, no major problems, but dealer changed hands and went downhill.
Toyota - Started off well with a Corolla and a Corolla GTS coupe. Then had a more bad than good, mostly on the interiors which fell apart. Headliner sagging, trim falling off etc. Final one was a Sienna with a blown transmission and bad axle and the usual interior issues. We leased a Camry after that, it worked well. Dealer was terrible.
Subaru - We are on our 3rd. No issues that Subaru hasn't covered with a recall. Local dealer is very good, and VIP program is no-haggle priced at invoice.

Last edited:
Nope. I'm an enthusiast of certain vehicles, but once that brand doesn't do anything for me I start buying other brands that do. I've owned mostly Jeeps in my adult life, none have been newer than 2001, and I wouldn't buy a new one because none of the new ones are that great IMO.

Nope. I'm an enthusiast of certain vehicles, but once that brand doesn't do anything for me I start buying other brands that do. I've owned mostly Jeeps in my adult life, none have been newer than 2001, and I wouldn't buy a new one because none of the new ones are that great IMO.
That's my attitude as well; after owning 12 BMWs over the past four decades I recently went with a Mercedes-AMG C43- although I did consider a CPO Bullitt and a CPO Mach 1. I suspect I'll continue to buy European cars but I will also always have a Wrangler in the garage.

Back