Do you have "brand loyalty"??? e.g., Purchased the same make of vehicle your entire adult life?

I certainly don't? I have a bias towards buying Hondas & Toyotas in my old age simply because I believe it will take a sting out of the trade-in butt kicking lol.

Otherwise, I've owned vehicle from every major car brand, excluding luxury/exotics.

I certainly don't? I have a bias towards buying Hondas & Toyotas in my old age simply because I believe it will take a sting out of the trade-in butt kicking lol.

Otherwise, I've owned vehicle from every major car brand, excluding luxury/exotics.
Nope. I'll buy whatever I like, whatever gets good reviews and gets favorable quality/reliability ratings. I grew up with Fords, learned how to drive in a Bronco, drove a Toyota in high school, bought another Toyota when I got out of high school, then had a couple Ford trucks, then bought a Camry and currently drive a Honda.
For my next vehicle Im probably going to look at Ford.
I always find it interesting how people will treat a brand like its their wife and feel like they need to be loyal to it and defend it every chance they get.

I grew up around Ford products mostly. We had bad experiences with GM, but good experiences with Ford, generally. My dad still owns two Ford products. I started buying FCA stuff because my buddy owns the dealership and I get great deals and great service from him. That said, he sold me a used BMW (M5, great car) and Subaru (steaming pile) before we transitioned to buying new.

I've grown fond of luxury features and appointments, so haven't been overly enamoured with the Japanese marques, generally preferring what the German companies do in this space. My Jeep is very well appointed, something that surprised me when I first started looking.

I was loyal to Toyota for a long time but I bought a Mazda on a whim (trade in due to inheriting a vehicle) and I’m pretty fond of them now. I would have bought a Tundra but the cost difference with my Titan was so great I figured the savings could pay for at least one major repair.

My next car will probably be a Toyota again because Mazda stopped importing the 6. I’m just hopeful a non-turbo, non-CVT option will be available then.

I'm open to anything...
I've owned :
Chevy
Oldsmobile (inherited)
Hyundai
Dodge
Mercury
Ford
and the vehicle I want next, is a Ford.

We've bought seven new cars over the past nearly four decades, four Hondas, a Ford and two Subarus.
I tend to favor Hondas, but each of the above had attributes that made them attractive for our intended use and all served us well at minimal expense as they aged. Of these cars, we drive the newest two currently and two more remain in use with our extended family.
We really couldn't care less about faux luxury but value function.
AC is really the only must-have for us, and about everything has that these days anyway, along with PW and PDL.

I don't look at trade in value as a requirement in buying a car. A car not an investment, and if the resale is low, the initial price is usually low as well, so it evens out in the long run.
I realize vehicles aren't investments, but some depreciate more than others. I also realize presently, we're in an atypical market, but my Honda's trade-in book value is extremely close to what I paid for it 4 years ago.

I have no need for AWD so that rules out Subarus & many new Mazdas that will be offering AWD as standard equipment. Don't intend to lug around the hardware required for that feature.

I was loyal to Toyota for a long time but I bought a Mazda on a whim (trade in due to inheriting a vehicle) and I’m pretty fond of them now. I would have bought a Tundra but the cost difference with my Titan was so great I figured the savings could pay for at least one major repair.

My next car will probably be a Toyota again because Mazda stopped importing the 6. I’m just hopeful a non-turbo, non-CVT option will be available then.
Are you aware that Mazda is bringing in an inline 6 in the CX-90?

Some people I have heard over the years saying that your vehicle purchase is your second biggest investment behind your house. Not saying I agree or disagree. Have owned alot of different car manufacturers over my 34 years of driving. The new Rav4 Hybrid in signature is something I have wanted since gas prices have went up to over 4 bucks a gallon -- even though it is below 4 bucks again for regular in my parts. That and its practical and loaded with all sorts of safety features plus AWD.

During college, I bought a rusty 244 Volvo wagon and have own them ever since. I mainly buy them used older than 10 years atleat.

Wife wants a newer vehicle so I might have to change my loyalty to possibly Toyota.

Brand and technology avoidance.
Brand avoidance: 2014+ all chevy, all fords except 2010 or older focuses,
technology: anything DI. Anything EV.

For new vehicles that we’ve purchased, no:

VW
Toyota
Dodge (Ram)
Jeep
Lexus
GMC
Chevy
Ford
Chevy
Ford
Tesla

Had to type them out to see for myself.

Good experiences get the manufacturer a look at their product in a given range I may be shopping for - but aren't the sole reason I buy anything.

Back