What your car says about you...

My ol' F-250 XL says I don't need my truck to be a fancy daily commuter, I like getting dirty on the farm, and I'm not bothered by what others think.
My late-model Taurus SE says I'm old and like my cars comfy, big and American.
My 2019 MX-5 with Brembo/BBS package (and summer-only tires that are in nearly in need replacement after only 10k miles) says I love a sporty ride and envision myself in delusions of F1 grandeur. Man does that thing handle like it's on rails!

As for most of these recent posts, well, that's the kind of garbage that gets posts removed. Simply put ... Grow up and quit the bickering; some of you need a thicker skin and others need to learn that taunting is what gets you banned. Stick to the topic of the thread and not the senseless childish banter.

Last edited:
My 300 said “I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.”

I feel like the Charger says “I have absolutely zero patience. Move. Now.”

73565FC9-131F-4C04-A1AD-84873ED4C82F.jpeg

Also most people who drive old(er) cars are car people usually and I am a car person I even have stickers that I’m going to put on mine that say “mechanic on board”. Anyone that drives a newer car most likely isn’t a car person so I don’t want that rap. As my boss says “never trust a mechanic who drives a new car”. We have already agreed we won’t buy anything new ever again because of how bad the cars have gotten we will fix and drive into the ground as long as they aren’t banned before then.
While I really don’t consider the cars on my side of the garage to be all that new, you definitely nailed it. I’m far from a car guy- I only instruct at HPDEs, run rallies, autocross, drag race, and I sometimes rebuild Quadrajet carburetors.
And I couldn’t agree more about “how bad cars have gotten”- my 2er is so disappointing- it only averages 26 mpg and struggles to run the quarter in under 13 seconds.
Total junk.

While I really don’t consider the cars on my side of the garage to be all that new, you definitely nailed it. I’m far from a car guy- I only instruct at HPDEs, run rallies, autocross, drag race, and I sometimes rebuild Quadrajet carburetors.
And I couldn’t agree more about “how bad cars have gotten”- my 2er is so disappointing- it only averages 26 mpg and struggles to run the quarter in under 13 seconds.
Total junk.
Don't sell yourself short, dude. You're quite the car guy for a fancy pants attorney.

I tend to buy slightly weird, slightly rarer cars.

1. 2000 Lincoln LS V8
  2. 2006 Pontiac GTO
  3. 2007 Legacy GT Spec.B
  4. 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD(diesel)
  5. 2011 Lexus GX460
My current F150 is pretty mainstream but I'd like to think the specific combo I got is less common(Supercrew, 6.5' bed, max-tow package). At least in MA it was. Now that I am in Utah I would say half of the F150's I see are supercrew long bed.

I've also never owned a car that didnt have a longitudinal layout.

I don't know what any of this says about me but there it is.

I wish the words "dude" (or DUDE !) and "bro" would disappear from the language. They make the user sound like someone who uses the word 'like" way too much because their brain can't keep up with their mouth.
But tossing around stereotypes doesn't, right? :unsure:

A lot of were born at a time that had us growing up watching Bill & Ted's excellent adventure and other movies/shows that really thrust the word "dude" into the common vernacular at an age where its use was readily adapted. "Bro" is a more recent fad.

I choose my associates very carefully. I've been labeled a dude on the beach and I'm good with that. When I'm properly dressed people tend to not call me dude, buddy, pal, or chum. Sometimes they use other choice words. The word dude has had many meanings since its inception.

I choose my associates very carefully. I've been labeled a dude on the beach and I'm good with that. When I'm properly dressed people tend to not call me dude, buddy, pal, or chum. Sometimes they use other choice words. The word dude has had many meanings since its inception.
Oh yeah, pal used to be pretty common too.

Oh yeah, pal used to be pretty common too.

How about homie? Crony, cobber, mate? Chap, old thing, duck? That last one had me stumped when an old English guy kept greeting me as "duck." At least he didn't call me pet.

Last edited:
As long as I don't called "honey". For some reason that grates on me.

Duck is a new one to me. You, ah, sure it was "duck" and not something that sounded similar?

How about homie? Crony, cobber, mate? Chap, old thing, duck? That last one had me stumped when an old English guy kept greeting me as "duck." At least he didn't call me pet.
At least he didn't get called a dog or dawg.

Back