Do you have "brand loyalty"??? e.g., Purchased the same make of vehicle your entire adult life?

BMW since 1974 with the exception of a few years during the first marriage when I had to drive a Cutlass.

Had a couple Volvo wagons 86 240, 98 v70.
89 Chevy C1500, 93 GMC 1500 and Chevy C1500
91 and 92 Cutlass Supreme coupe's
All of them very easy to work on and reliable. I've had a bunch of other vehicles as I buy them cheap and fix them up and sell after a year or 2 when I get tired of them. The aboves are probably my favorites repeats and a 95 2dr Accord coupe 5sp, was a very fun car- still looking for another

I actually owned a 1978 Olds 98 Regency coupe in my younger days.

What a comfortable yacht and fairly fast for its size.

View attachment 170080

Similar to this.

I was pimping!!!
My first car was not as big, it was an 81 Grand Prix 2dr, thing floated while driving. It had the 3.8l and couldn't spin the rear tires even on wet grass. Was a fun car.

Quick back story. Looking for a new car in later 2004 was a very different time... Hyundai was steppin up the game big time and was really pushing the 10year/100K warranty when others such a Mercury (the car that was traded in for the Hyundai) might have a 3year36K. My parents being "older" school felt protected with that warranty, and the designs Hyundai was producing looked very nice for the time. That XG350L was listed for around 23K and was well into the 20's out the door (in 2004/5 money) for this beautiful cinnamon colored Hyundai XG350L (Yes did get asked if it was a Lincoln Zephyr of the time..)
HPIM1924.jpeg
HPIM1929.jpeg
HPIM1972.jpeg

When I started driving just a year or two later, i was the cats meow showing up to school with the XG. I also thought it was a sport sedan with that 3.5L V6 and 5 speed "manual shift" mode 😆 I so badly wanted a Hyundai of my own... so I saved every cent working at my first ever job to buy my own Hyundai.... and I did just a year later, a CPO 45K mile new style Elantra with a CD player!

Although it was not a smooth ownership... The factory alternator gave out by 60,000 miles, air bag light was also on around the same time, also clipped a deer.... and a bear (both survived), slid on ice and hit a guard rail, and other misc first time car ownership and driver "issues" and "abuse" such a spinning the tires with the parking brake engaged until limp mode was activated!.
After totaling out the Elantra just a short time later (and being broke from buying the car CPO @ a Hyundai dealer!) I starting looking for "affordable" vehicles. At the time you could pick up any GM/Buick/Oldsmobile for cents on the dollar - and I did for a couple years. But over time I got very tired of the unreliability, and all the "minor" issues that accumulated to major issues on these vehicles, and the fit and finish was atrocious, worse of all I was being nickeled and dime every single week.

Fast forward again a couple years, I made a vow to never own another American brand product, and so badly wanted another... Hyundai haha.

Since about 2010 or so I have owned nothing but Hyundais and Kias,..Although, some were vanilla, some pretty special, but all were very reliable at the end of the day.

I will always have a spot in my heart for my "first".

Back