Dealer installed swirl marks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by CKN
Yeah-the NuFinish hate on this board is really remarkable. On my vehicles-I use cleaner wax for the first coat-then NuFinish over the top of that. As you can see from my previous picture-it makes a real nice shine.

Actually...its more laughing at the users of NuFinish while simultaneously feeling sorry for them.

P.T. Barnum was right.

Originally Posted by HYUNDAIFAN0001
Originally Posted by CKN
Yeah-the NuFinish hate on this board is really remarkable. On my vehicles-I use cleaner wax for the first coat-then NuFinish over the top of that. As you can see from my previous picture-it makes a real nice shine.

Actually...its more laughing at the users of NuFinish while simultaneously feeling sorry for them.

P.T. Barnum was right.

Yea-there are those who are on a "moral crusade" against NuFinish. You appear to be one of them.

Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by SLO_Town
OP:

As I said very early in your thread, I feel your pain. It would anger me too.

It"s amusing to read some of these posts. Some of them even said brush type car washes are safe to use because muddy vehicles are not allowed to use them. Who would have thought Utah had car wash police there to prevent that. Car wash police. Really? Sounds like the "guaranteed job for everyone" type of thing. That sounds like something my commie state of Cali would do.

Anyway, bummer, OP.

Scott

The car wash attendants are very good about not allowing muddy trucks through the wash. And BTW- US News and World report ranked Utah #3 for our economy. The minimum wage is $7.50. Fast food is paying between $10.00 and $13.00 an hour. You would be hard pressed to find a $7.50 an hour job. You would be surprised how many ex-Californians that I have met here in Utah that have fled California and never looked back.

And California is the 6th largest "nation" in the world with respect to GDP. But I suspect that's going to be California's high water mark. As a lifetime California resident, there are large parts of it I no longer recognize, even where I was born and raised. There are grocery stores I go to in the SF Bay Area when I'm visiting my grand kids - if I didn't know better I wouldn't even know what country I was in. The melting pot has become a collection of separate ethnic societies. The newcomers have absolutely no intent to change and blend in with the California lifestyle.

Being a Californian (but from a different era) it pains me to say this, but don't let those Cali refugees try and change your state of Utah into what they are fleeing. They think they know better than you and will bring their failed agendas with them.

Scott

PS Bummer about the OP's dealer installed swirl marks!

Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by CKN

P.T. Barnum was right.

Yea-there are those who are on a "moral crusade" against NuFinish. You appear to be one of them.

You might want to look up P.T. Barnum's most famous saying...most folks know NuFinish is a joke of a product already...no crusade required.

Using it to resolve the reported dealer's error is like throwing salt on a wound.

Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by CKN

P.T. Barnum was right.

You might want to look up P.T. Barnum's most famous saying...most folks know NuFinish is a joke of a product already...no crusade required.

Using it to resolve the reported dealer's error is like throwing salt on a wound.

Why does it bother you what other people use? Let it go.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Why does it bother you what other people use? Let it go.

No bother. In the context of the original post and thread topic...curing a dealer-invoked detailing screw-up with an inferior wannabe product won't resolve the original problem in any way.

Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by CKN

P.T. Barnum was right.

Unbelievable.........hate! Use the energy to save the whales or something constructive.

The majority of car wash swirls come from the drying process when the attendants use a towel to dry the car. Not only the towel they use but the pressure they exert on it. So skip the attendants doing it and diy at home or pull off to the side and diy. At the dealer that's hard to do of course. When the dealer here washes the cars they just get a quick blow dry from the machine. Which is fine with me.

Most dealers use a drive through wash system anymore which would have the air dry though I find that it doesn't dry all that well anyway. The few dealers that still wash cars onsite can be even worse. The wash guy usually has one wash rag or mitt that has been used on every car. I've seen them thrown or laying on the ground. Talk about swirls.

Air dry seems to be the latest thing but I still prefer a quality drying towel that is dragged across the panels. To be truthful, I haven't dried a car normally for a while now as I usually apply a detailer or spray sealant while the car is wet

Originally Posted by CKN
Unbelievable.........hate! Use the energy to save the whales or something constructive.

Another example of how people are so over-sensitive and over-react these days. Disliking a product based on extensive history and evidence is hardly "hate".

How about some calm and adult conversation.

Originally Posted by CKN

Another example of how people are so over-sensitive and over-react these days. Disliking a product based on extensive history and evidence is hardly "hate".

Caution...thread closing ahead!

Originally Posted by CKN

How about some facts or data?

Originally Posted by Leo99
Originally Posted by CKN

Dude...with all due respect-don't fall in to his "trap". It's a crusade...remember?

Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by CKN

Dude...with all due respect-don't fall in to his "trap". It's a crusade...remember?

Sorry. I thought there was maybe a video with

This car was treated with NuFinish and this car was treated with some fancy expensive stuff.

Look at the difference!!

Sorry. I thought there was maybe a video with

This car was treated with NuFinish and this car was treated with some fancy expensive stuff.

Look at the difference!!

Actually...if you look hard enough online...you can find videos that just about meet your expectation...

In the meantime...at least my posts were sticking to the original topic of discussion at hand...regarding the use of NuFinish to repair the swirl marks caused by a dealer. It may have "appeared" to perhaps resolve the swirls, but the impact to the protective clearcoat would be another matter whereby not everyone would agree that this was the appropriate or best approach. Rather than endlessly debate it here and have certain folks endlessly insult those who say anything less than "whoopee" about NF...let's just wish the OP the best and hope his efforts at least temporarily corrected the dealer problem.

CKN was generally unhelpful, suggesting that the OP spent money on a correction and coating for no reason, but never said NuFinish would repair swirl marks.

That he suggests his use of NuFinish and Meguiar's Cleaner Wax is on the same level in look or protection is also laughable.

- However -

I'm still not sure what impact you think either product would have on a car's clear coat beyond protection, or why you're still grinding the NuFinish axe - when the only person who cares is you.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
I'm still not sure what impact you think either product would have on a car's clear coat beyond protection, or why you're still grinding the NuFinish axe - when the only person who cares is you.

No axe being ground...and there are literally thousands and thousands of posts on the internet about the issues with the NuFinish product. Won't regurgitate them more in this thread.

OP this is not really applicable to you as you have the work done but this is what I use after painting, color sanding and buffing to get a perfect swirl free finish.
I will easily remove swirl marks from coatings also.
I painted an expensive car nose (hydraulic fluid leak from a car carrier splattered the nose) for a dealer in their booth and after many coats sanded down in between coats to achieve the same paint thickness and finish I finished up with this and it looked perfect, couldn't tell from OE or the rest of the car.

https://www.amazon.com/06068-Perfect-Ultrafine-Machine-Polish/dp/B0015PMQDI

Originally Posted by Trav
OP this is not really applicable to you as you have the work done but this is what I use after painting, color sanding and buffing to get a perfect swirl free finish.
I will easily remove swirl marks from coatings also.
I painted an expensive car nose (hydraulic fluid leak from a car carrier splattered the nose) for a dealer in their booth and after many coats sanded down in between coats to achieve the same paint thickness and finish I finished up with this and it looked perfect, couldn't tell from OE or the rest of the car.

https://www.amazon.com/06068-Perfect-Ultrafine-Machine-Polish/dp/B0015PMQDI

Great recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back