David Koresh - Waco on Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always looked at that central tower thinking it was designed for a lead fight …
Allegedly he bought a lathe and mill to modify over 90 semi’s to fully …

View attachment 146586
I've never heard where the money came from to build this compound, couldn't have been cheap. According to the documentary they had 1.5 MILLION rounds of ammo and a Barrett 50 cal. In full disclosure, I think every American should have that, but it does cost significant money to acquire those items and I haven't ever heard where the money came from.

If those of you who were around then will remember, Janet Reno and her boss had a clear agenda. This was done to "make an example out of the bearers".

I would like some clear evidence on whether or not he (and possibly other males) were abusing girls. I think if that was going on, the other males of anything close to adult age should have been dealt with for allowing that to go on.
I was off from work that day and watched the whole thing unfold live on television and IMO the FBI's actions were murder, just plain murder, not just of David K but along with 75 other people. The basic question that I'm still asking in how do you justify with killing 76 people including numerous children in the name of stopping one alleged child abuser?

The local county sheriff told a completely different story than the FBI did. He had heard of the alleged gun violations and the alleged child abuse and had already been out to visit David K and the Branch Davidians (more than once IIRC) and did examine their guns and interviewed people concerning child abuse and he found nothing to substantiate those accusations. David was a licensed gun dealer that sold guns at shows to help fund the Branch Davidians which is one reaon why he had so many guns on hand. As a licensed dealer, the ATF could have gone into his premises at any time and examined his inventory of guns. The FBI "raid" was a created-for-TV news stunt that was bad planned and that back fired spectacularly.

Janet and that administration created a modern Witch Hunt looking for alleged "child abusers", even before Waco.

I've never heard where the money came from to build this compound, couldn't have been cheap. According to the documentary they had 1.5 MILLION rounds of ammo and a Barrett 50 cal. In full disclosure, I think every American should have that, but it does cost significant money to acquire those items and I haven't ever heard where the money came from.

Back then, a Barrett .50cal wasn't a whole lot of money...maybe $1-2k...

I was off from work that day and watched the whole thing unfold live on television and IMO the FBI's actions were murder, just plain murder, not just of David K but along with 75 other people. The basic question that I'm still asking in how do you justify with killing 76 people including numerous children in the name of stopping one alleged child abuser?

The local county sheriff told a completely different story than the FBI did. He had heard of the alleged gun violations and the alleged child abuse and had already been out to visit David K and the Branch Davidians (more than once IIRC) and did examine their guns and interviewed people concerning child abuse and he found nothing to substantiate those accusations. David was a licensed gun dealer that sold guns at shows to help fund the Branch Davidians which is one reaon why he had so many guns on hand. As a licensed dealer, the ATF could have gone into his premises at any time and examined his inventory of guns. The FBI "raid" was a created-for-TV news stunt that was bad planned and that back fired spectacularly.

Janet and that administration created a modern Witch Hunt looking for alleged "child abusers", even before Waco.
Not only child abusers but "illegal" and "reckless" gun dealers/owners.

Yeah - look at that over the rooftop tunnel or hallway - pretty strange construction …

Sure - see the list I posted of those they did arrest … Just a matter of time …

The timing is odd that there will be another documentary coming out from ITV on the same subject. A member of our Camaro club loaned out his '68 Camaro for the show. Apparently Koresh had a 1st gen Camaro.

It was very interesting to get my friend's perspective on the behind the scenes making of the show and how they took care of his car.

We know that the FBI never lies. 😉😉

I had a class on this operation. The details are too graphic, concerning children and grooming.

On a side note: After Waco, LE used goggles due to ricocheting projectiles among other tactics. I've haven't watches any documentaries, just the LE class.

I don't know the answer but 60+ families could easily pool resources to build a compound and buy arms. Heck in many ways it would be cheaper and more efficient than 60 individual households making it on their own.

I agree with those opinions that this was a avoidable travesty and a black eye on America, and one of the very bad turning points for "law enforcement." I don't have Netflix but I'll keep my eyes open for a hard copy.

I don't know the answer but 60+ families could easily pool resources to build a compound and buy arms. Heck in many ways it would be cheaper and more efficient than 60 individual households making it on their own.
Hippie Commune

I liked different perspectives that left me annoyed with Karesh, members, ATF leadership and FBI as a whole.

What a cluster ….

I knew it happened but was a Jr in engineering college more interested in academics, skiing , women and partying.

I remember the day the whole compound went up in flames. Very unfortunate the way it ended with the kids and women killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back