[Cut Open] Microgreen MG-101-7 1783mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see what you mean - the carrier is secured to the upper endcap at 6 positions but is open to flow

Your baseplate is cleaner than mine.

UD

Last edited:
just pried it off- it was pretty stout glued at 3 of 6 positions.

Bypass pressure "feels" about right when pushed in with a screwdriver.

UD

Last edited:
Pretty sure that small hole feeds the disk filtered oil back into the outflowing stream - not up into it.

Perhaps sitting in the outflow a vacuum is created somehow? - seems a stretch.

Tried to pry the disk itself out and couldn't do it with a thumbtack/ paperclip will try something a bit more aggressive.

UD

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: UncleDave
Pretty sure that small hole feeds the disk filtered oil back into the outflowing stream - not up into it.

Perhaps sitting in the outflow a vacuum is created somehow? - seems a stretch.

UD

You talking about the holes the red arrows are pointing to? If those holes are wide open to the center tube then there is also dirty oil flowing through them all the time too because of the delta-p across the element. Are those holes shown by the red arrow a straight shot through to the center tube? Yep, the screw driver is on the spring loaded bypass valve which has nothing to do with flowing oil from the micro disc.

It looks like the bypass is tack welded in.

the screwdriver was blocking the hole - here is a diff shot

UD

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
I got the micro disc out of mine with a automotive pick under the edge... flipped right out...

Oh...Ill get it out, but Im surprised I couldn't pry it out w/a tack or paperclip

I got minimal stuff at home like picks.

UD

Originally Posted By: UncleDave
It looks like the bypass is tack welded in.

the screwdriver was blocking the hole - here is a diff shot

UD

That photo clears it up pretty good .... thanks. Is there some kind of seal around where the tube from the micro disc goes into the hole on the top end cap? Looks like a rubber or nylon washer perhaps?

There a sort of a metal washer thing at the top of the tube and it took some force to pull out the two units apart after I had the disk carrier separated from the end cap. It was in there fairly tight - pulling it out egg shaped the hole - you can see this a bit.

Bypass location makes total sense once I held the thing up to the light at the correct angle and realized oil flowed between the carrier and end cap.

UD

Some media dried out.

MG101-7q.jpg

The micro disc dried out.

MG101-7r.jpg

The lighter colored area is where the disc was over the tube, it is depressed toward the tube. Not sure why this is as the spring only applied pressure around the edge.

Second UOA came back superb but Blackstone couldn't run a particle count.

UD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back