[Cut Open] Honda 15400-PLM-A01 (FilTech) ~ 10K Mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant horizontal ,i had a honda civic 1978 and it was bullet proof oilf filter was almost horizontal .it ha an angle toward the extremity of the filter about 8 dregree ,but engine was mounted at that angle.i had v engine ,now you see what i drive ,inline only for me,(okok,v12 are awsome ,but i dont see any building a 1.6 liter v12)

The key is regular service intervals.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Originally Posted By: kschachn
He told you - the "Asian position"......

Well now the two Asian's (Hondas) I service, ahem maintain, have filters oriented in the horizontal (Civic) and vertical position (Accord). So it would seem that "Asian position" can be either in a horizontal or vertical orientation. But both orientations, whether horizontal or vertical position, seem to work equally well and provide long engine life satisfaction with regular service intervals. At least in my experience.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
I'm not worried about the supposed lower filter efficiency because Honda designed the filter to work that way, and their engines last FOREVER! I believe that Honda thinks it is more important to have higher flow than higher efficiency and their products prove this method works perfectly.
Many people seem to look down on the Denso-made Toyota filters for the exact same reason. Take the above statement verbatim but change "Honda" to "Toyota".

Being an OE supplier to Honda, we are very aware of the flow needs of the Honda engine. All aftermarket FRAM filters for Hondas have similar flow rates to the OE filter

Originally Posted By: Motorking
Being an OE supplier to Honda, we are very aware of the flow needs of the Honda engine. All aftermarket FRAM filters for Hondas have similar flow rates to the OE filter

Does that mean the aftermarket Fram filters specified for Hondas have a different media, or built differently (with more media area or something?) to get the same flow and maintain the advertised Fram efficiency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back