Cub Cadet XT1 - Anyone upgrade from wheel bushings to wheel bearings?

I've got a 2017 XT1 LT42 with the cheap front wheel bushings and I'm looking to convert to wheel bearings. I cant, for the life of me, find any bearing kits online made for the XT1, I can find plenty of kits for other brands and other models of Cub, but not the XT1.

Has anyone had any luck upgrading their XT1 to wheel bearings? If so, where did you find the bearings?

Normally you buy the tire and wheel with the bearings already in it. Are the front wheels greasable? If so, put fresh grease in them 1-2 times a year and they'll last practically forever. I've got two zero turns from the 90s with deck casters that have bushings instead of bearings and they still look perfect.

If you measure the axle diameter you can find several kits on Amazon for bearing upgrades. Most axles are 5/8 or 3/4. I've done several upgrades on riding mowers with these kits and they have worked out well, including my own. The steering seems a bit lighter as well.

Normally you buy the tire and wheel with the bearings already in it. Are the front wheels greasable? If so, put fresh grease in them 1-2 times a year and they'll last practically forever. I've got two zero turns from the 90s with deck casters that have bushings instead of bearings and they still look perfect.
They're greasable and I did so religiously, but the original zerks are Chinese cheapies that were pressed in and now they leak grease and spin freely.

I really wish I'd have spent another grand and gotten a better quality Cub. I'm debating selling my XT1 and upgrading to a Simplicity or a Deere 300 series. I'm sick of the Chinese quality from MTD.

Back