Crank engine for lubrication

Hello everyone,

I read somewhere a way build oil pressure in engine before engine starting to minimise cold start friction by disconnecting fuel pump relay and cranking the engine without starting it for few seconds,
Is that really beneficial in cold weather start??
Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone,

I read somewhere a way build oil pressure in engine before engine starting to minimise cold start friction by disconnecting fuel pump relay and cranking the engine without starting it for few seconds,
Thanks in advance.
Depends, where do you live at now? And hello 2 U

How long is the vehicle sitting? What year and car is it? If is driven at least once a week I'd just start it and drive. If the car has clear flood mode all you have to do is hold the gas pedal to the floor and crank it, it won't start. That accomplishes the same thing as disconnecting the fuel pump relay, and it's a lot less work.

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance.
You can hold the pedal to the floor before you crank and it will crank without starting (flood mode). It does the same without removing a fuse.

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance.
That will get old really fast. Just start it.

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance.
That's only a concern if the engine has sat for long periods of time, not everday use.

You can hold the pedal to the floor before you crank and it will crank without starting (flood mode). It does the same without removing a fuse.
That is not true for all cars. Before doing that (which is a good tip) I'd be sure that your vehicle has that feature.

Take the spark plugs out first so that it cranks faster. Do that before every start. When you're leaving the restaurant with your dinner date, tell her you gotta remove the spark plugs and fuel pump fuse to build oil pressure before starting the car.

Last edited:
Back