Conv or synthetic in my situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
For 5K on a Dart: Supertech syn and ST filter. Save your money towards a better car
smile.gif

+1, supertech syn and st filter. Easy for 5k

How long does it take you to put on 5k miles? Highway driving or city? I put on close to 2k per month. I run synthetic to 10k like the owner's manual suggest on my car. I ask because 5k miles can be handled by most any conventional or semisyn that's even cheaper. Unless Darts require synthetic.

Originally Posted By: HowAboutThis
How long does it take you to put on 5k miles? Highway driving or city? I put on close to 2k per month. I run synthetic to 10k like the owner's manual suggest on my car. I ask because 5k miles can be handled by most any conventional or semisyn that's even cheaper. Unless Darts require synthetic.

The dart calls for 0w20. I can run 5w30 as I have with no issues. I wouldn’t be opposed to conventional if that’s as good of an idea.

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
For 5K on a Dart: Supertech syn and ST filter.
smile.gif

Agree; at 5k, ST Syn will do great. You could also grab a Fram Ultra and do 3x 5000 miles on it.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
On my 14 dart It has the 2.4 50,000 miles. I want to use a synthetic go about 5,000 miles what viscosity should I run and what oil and filter? I want something robust because I gather multi air is hard on oil. Also I’m good with value alternatives as I don’t see a reason to pay more for no benefit. The car does get driven pretty hard at times. I look forward to your opinions and thoughts.

Supertech Syn and Fram EG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back