Oil for a known fuel diluter - 5w30 Ford 2.0 ecoboost

Why not? The 2015 Ford Edge 2.0 specified Ford WSS-M2-946A or SN. There is a link provided in an earlier comment.
I am very familiar with these vehicles as well as the owners manual and the information therein contained. The SN+ was developed because of all the lspi issues that the engines of that era (Ecoboosts included) were facing, then the efforts to mitigate the issue begun a few years after discovery of the issue.

The owner manual was written before the realization that lspi was destroying the engines.

Now let's see how does it make sense for one to use SN oil? To each their own though!

I see someone recommended SN rated oil on an ecoboost engine. That is ignorant and funny at the same time especially the justifications for why you should be using it. Do yourself a favor and abstain from ever putting anything less than SN+ in any Ecoboost.
Got any proof other than your emotions? OP’s vehicle is a 2015, at which time the most current (and mentioned in OP’s OM as posted above in this thread, was API SN. Period.

SN+ was not even in existence on the shelves until May 1, 2018. It does not apply to OP’s vehicle. May it be better? Possibly, but doubtful. There’s zero evidence that SN+ is “required”. EcoBoosts have never been known for LSPI, and it SN+ wasn’t even a twinkle in anyone’s eye when the OP’s engine was designed. The Euro L with API SN is fine, and the Euro certs add even more “cushion” to the API minimums that will protect the OP’s engine.

I really would love to see some proof though, that SN+ is the only way not to be “ignorant”. I’m running a VW 502.00 oil in my EcoBoost for over 22k now and it’s running better than ever, at over 500rwhp. #TeamHPL 🤣

I am very familiar with these vehicles as well as the owners manual and the information therein contained. The SN+ was developed because of all the lspi issues that the engines of that era (Ecoboosts included) were facing, then the efforts to mitigate the issue begun a few years after discovery of the issue.

The owner manual was written before the realization that lspi was destroying the engines.

Now let's see how does it make sense for one to use SN oil? To each their own though!
Can you direct us to some examples of these EcoBoosts that were destroyed by LSPI?

Got any proof other than your emotions? OP’s vehicle is a 2015, at which time the most current (and mentioned in OP’s OM as posted above in this thread, was API SN. Period.

SN+ was not even in existence on the shelves until May 1, 2018. It does not apply to OP’s vehicle. May it be better? Possibly, but doubtful. There’s zero evidence that SN+ is “required”. EcoBoosts have never been known for LSPI, and it SN+ wasn’t even a twinkle in anyone’s eye when the OP’s engine was designed. The Euro L with API SN is fine, and the Euro certs add even more “cushion” to the API minimums that will protect the OP’s engine.

I really would love to see some proof though, that SN+ is the only way not to be “ignorant”. I’m running a VW 502.00 oil in my EcoBoost for over 22k now and it’s running better than ever, at over 500rwhp. #TeamHPL
It 100% appertians to the OPs post.
You can go ahead and run whatever you like in your car and judging by your response the depth of your ignorance becomes more vivid.

As I said to each their own

It 100% appertians to the OPs post.
You can go ahead and run whatever you like in your car and judging by your response the depth of your ignorance becomes more vivid.

As I said to each their own
So, all you got is emotions and superstition without any proof? And I’m the ignorant one? Mmkay.

I never said OP couldn’t run SN+ or SP, but there’s no benefit. If OP were to run the Euro L or ESP he would have additional benefits due to the actual performance-based tests that are required to pass the Euro certifications, and those include any overblown LSPI concern. 2015 was SN, end of story. Thanks for playing!

I just ordered 2 more 5 qt jugs to replace stock still $27.97 to my eyes.. Unless differant states have differant Amazon products. Look down furthur it has to be there. No joke!
EP is not ESP.
EP has zero euro approvals/certifications
Here is the oil we have been discussing:

I really would love to see some proof though, that SN+ is the only way not to be “ignorant”. I’m running a VW 502.00 oil in my EcoBoost for over 22k now and it’s running better than ever, at over 500rwhp. #TeamHPL 🤣
Thank you! I’m on my second Ecoboost vehicle. I have never has an LSPI event in either vehicle. I’m currently running Quaker State Full Synthetic Euro 5W40 in my 2.7. I have 6 quarts of Pennzoil Platinum Euro L 5W30 waiting to go in. The biggest problem with the 2.0 Ford is cracked heads or blocks from coolant infiltration.
If it was a four cylinder GM product, I would definitely be using the appropriate Dexos oil.
Ain’t Skeerd!

So here is another conundrum I have.. the sump is 5.7qts. If I buy another 5qt jug and take ~1qt from it. Being that the jug is opened, would that cause any issues on the next OCI that the jug was opened months prior? I dont really see how, but just another thought of my paranoia.

So here is another conundrum I have.. the sump is 5.7qts. If I buy another 5qt jug and take ~1qt from it. Being that the jug is opened, would that cause any issues on the next OCI that the jug was opened months prior? I dont really see how, but just another thought of my paranoia.
Not a issue. I do this all the time as my subie ej253 holds 4.2 to 4.5 ish max. Some say dump it all in. Yea, im critical of this and I know ill be adding some anyway in a few month.

Back