Amsoil OE users chime in!

I'd like some feedback from Amsoil OE users. Any reports on engine cleanliness inside when doing engine work? Usually I like to run their Signature line but have really been liking their OE line since I started using it on my DI Subaru 2.5 on short 3k OCI a year ago and UOA was good. Recently acquired a 2024 GMC 1500 with a 5.3 and will go with OE for a while during warranty following the OLM. Maybe I'll upgrade to Signature for extended 10-12k OCI if possible down the road. Buying a 1 gallon 4 pack OE 0w-20 brings it down to $6.94 before tax with free shipping with P.C membership. I'm not really comparing the oil to other off the shelf choices. I personally think it's priced competitively and I really enjoy and trust Amsoil products/ performance. So I'm sticking with OE even if it's not their flagship oil. Feel free to comment your experiences whether it's positive or negative about Amsoil OE.

Questions about your DI Subaru 2.5 application.
Does the Amsoil "fight" the intake buildup? Will you always need to clean the schmutz? Aren't there oil specs a DI engine must have?

Is there a reason for 3k OCI and Amsoil OE? I understand 2.5 DI but I feel like I'm missing something here? I read the UOA was "good" but I'd suspect Super Tech synthetic w/ the same filter in a 3k run would provide similar results. Not a bash at all, your coin and you determine how you spend it. I'm wondering the why behind it and if I'm missing something.

Is there a reason for 3k OCI and Amsoil OE? I understand 2.5 DI but I feel like I'm missing something here? I read the UOA was "good" but I'd suspect Super Tech synthetic w/ the same filter in a 3k run would provide similar results. Not a bash at all, your coin and you determine how you spend it. I'm wondering the why behind it and if I'm missing something.
Are you asking why I use OE or why I do 3k OCI?

Questions about your DI Subaru 2.5 application.
Does the Amsoil "fight" the intake buildup? Will you always need to clean the schmutz? Aren't there oil specs a DI engine must have?
I’m not a oil expert by all means. The OE oil mostly likely like all quality synthetic are designed in a way to reduce buildup however every few years you will need to treat the valves. In this case Subaru makes a kit with a fluid similar to sea foam to run through the engine.

the OE line from Amsoil is a generic add pack from one of the suppliers. I'm not sure if Amsoil boosts it per the additive supplier, but per a recent YT video interview with one of their tech staff, it's just a regular synthetic. Really nothing special about it. The Amsoil SS is the unique oil.

, Have used many oils, from straight 30wgt to 20w50 since 1967,,,never lost an engine...Amsoil I suppose is good, if ones mind says it good then its good,,,,,,,,,,,of course I'M an old MMO fan also,,,dont get caught up in oils, all major brands these days are good....yep never lost an engine.........................

, Have used many oils, from straight 30wgt to 20w50 since 1967,,,never lost an engine...Amsoil I suppose is good, if ones mind says it good then its good,,,,,,,,,,,of course I'M an old MMO fan also,,,dont get caught up in oils, all major brands these days are good....yep never lost an engine.........................
Most people stick with a certain ketchup brand. I’m the same way with Amsoil. I don’t always have to follow the crowds and just buy randoms oils. I like Amsoil and have had good experiences with them. Feels good supporting another American business 🇺🇸

the OE line from Amsoil is a generic add pack from one of the suppliers. I'm not sure if Amsoil boosts it per the additive supplier, but per a recent YT video interview with one of their tech staff, it's just a regular synthetic. Really nothing special about it. The Amsoil SS is the unique oil.
For being generic as generic can be. I really like the 8 TBN and its ability to hold up within viscosity range with a lot of fuel dilution in my application.

For being generic as generic can be. I really like the 8 TBN and its ability to hold up within viscosity range with a lot of fuel dilution in my application.
If I had to guess Amsoil is using probably a more premium offering from the additive supplier even for the OE grade.

The SS is the oil they tested and modified the most and went after more premium components.

If I had to guess Amsoil is using probably a more premium offering from the additive supplier even for the OE grade.

The SS is the oil they tested and modified the most and went after more premium components.
I might try sending a VOA out for the OE. Seems like there isn't as much enthusiasm or data out there on the OE 0W-20.

Does this oil have the licenses to keep the warranty valid?
Economy of scale leads me to believe better bang for the buck can be had with something like Supertech with the Dexos Gen 3 license.

Does this oil have the licenses to keep the warranty valid?
Economy of scale leads me to believe better bang for the buck can be had with something like Supertech with the Dexos Gen 3 license.
According to their data sheet this is what I found:

"OE Synthetic Motor Oil is licensed by the American Petroleum Institute (API) to meet and exceed the requirements commonly found in owner’s manuals. It excels in fuel-economy testing, earning the additional “Resource Conserving” designation from the API. OE is also friendly toward modern emissions-control systems, promoting proper operation of catalytic converters for optimum service life and low exhaust emissions."

They also also meet many other oem specs like Dexos, Ford etc but are not licensed. I more than confident this oil will more than adequate for most applications. As long as they meet the spec I don't worry much if they actually pay the licensing fees.

Back