considering a newer car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Boomer
Look for a leftover 2019 VW, any type. They will have a 6 year, 72,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty! I have had four VWs and none has ever been in for warranty. Our 2019 Passat gets over 40 mpg highway and is VERY comfortable to drive for distances.

His budget is $15k, though. You won't even get a '19 base Jetta for near that...

Justin, that's a interesting and very different list compared to your Hyundai.

I assume you have some drive time with the three?

As much as I LOVE my FCA product, I'd avoid the used Jeep just because they don't seem to age well.

Taurii are cool, but I don't see the point of the massive exterior vs what you have on the inside.

I know everyone's preference varies, but I prefer an SUV, CUV or truck for my daily driver, so I see where you're going there. They're more comfortable for me.

Gotta 6"7" family member and he loves the Mazda CX-5.

I know there are BIG HOLES in everyone's car knowledge ESPECIALLY MINE but I can't conceive of anyone actually wanting a Jeep/Fiat/Compass/Simca/Plymouth anything.

Maybe the Chrysler van.

Originally Posted by red7404
dont EVEN THINK of a CVT trans no matter the brand. or the ford duel clutch trans

Compass dropped the CVT some time after 2011 and used a Hyundai sourced 6 speed automatic and the dual clutch POShift was never used in the Taurus

Originally Posted by Rolla07
The Taurus is shockingly cramped. I
m 6ft6 330lbs, i couldnt even fit to drive it.

Compass is underpowered but a neat car.

Toureag, while being the nicest inside will give you alot of headaches unless you enjoy fixing them. Friend of mine had one and had tons of issues, was a money pit for him.

With that said, id suggest you test drive them all and make a decision.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^a TERRIBLE (Taurus) vehicle for interior space.

Last edited:
I would vote the ford because the 3.5 is very durable, so is the transmission and overall will IMO hold up better than the others you are comparing. I will also add that I am a ford fan.

14-15 Toyota Avalon base no sunroof, it should more then suit the height requirements and will last 2-3x longer the anything on the list you made.

Originally Posted by GZRider
14-15 Toyota Avalon base no sunroof, it should more then suit the height requirements and will last 2-3x longer the anything on the list you made.

Sonata is actually roomier than an Avalon. I drive my aunt's 16' Avalon most days, the Sonata is bigger inside front and rear. Maybe slightly, slightly more leg room in the rear in the Avalon but way more headroom in the Sonata and legroom up front.

Touareg would be a great place to spend time if the fuel costs don't bother you. I also like the 2019 brand new VW deal hunt idea. There's tons of headroom in a golf sportwagen base model, 15" wheels and comfortable suspension. I imagine you could get a brand new one for 17k if you really hunt.

45 mins each way is a big chunk of your life, so spend it in something nice and safe.

you can easily get into a cpo 2017 vw passat s for under $15k on east coast. my cpo 2013 is a roomy, pleasant and economical cruiser. poor resale value is irrelevant if you intend to keep it awhile.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by madRiver
I would poke around at CUVs for comfort. Toureag is excellent but thirsty for a 45 min commute.

I average 29.5 MPG in my TDI.

Which other SUV of its size/class can match that?

CX5

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by madRiver
I would poke around at CUVs for comfort. Toureag is excellent but thirsty for a 45 min commute.

I average 29.5 MPG in my TDI.

Which other SUV of its size/class can match that?

CX5

With 400ft-lbs?

The CX-5 is a tin can compared to the Touareg.

CX5 is a nice crossover but its on a different planet than a Touareg. Touareg is a high end tank of an SUV depreciated down to very attractive prices. CX5 is so popular used that you might as well buy a new one.

Ended up with a nice black friday Deal.

Picked up a 2016 Ford Escape S from Carvana.

They offered a super trade value on my 100k mile Sonata, and they gave me a $1000 cash check for buying any car.

Pretty happy with the car, wanted the base model Duratec engine.

Car is from New Mexico, one ding and one scratch. Carvana put four new tires on it, and 150 point inspection everything looks good.

Picked it up from the car vending machine this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back