Complete brake service on Saturn Ion.

I just replaced the subframe and while I had the car up on stands, I figured I will do the brakes as well. Pads and shoes were about 50% and the rotors and drums had plenty of meat left but were ugly with rust. The aluminum wheels are very clean so I didn't want to see rusty parts behind them ruining the look.

Raybestos coated rotors,

Front brake rotors.jpg

Raybestos Element 3 pads,

Front pads.jpg

Front brake pads.jpg

Started on the rear brakes and got one side finished. These have the single "W" hold down spring which is a pain to work with, and the parking brake lever spring is even worse. Yes I have the tools. Will get some picks after finishing the other side tomorrow.

Constancy. Symmetry, Uniformity. Feng shui. More likely to match and fit better together. I think it's tacky when people get all different brands of parts for the same job. Wagner rotors, Bosch pads, Bendix drums, Power Stop shoes, Raybestos hardware. It takes a bit more work rounding them up but is worth it to me. It's kinda like having a kitchen with a white refrigerator, stainless oven, avocado stove, orange dishwasher, etc.

Constancy. Symmetry, Uniformity. Feng shui. More likely to match and fit better together. I think it's tacky when people get all different brands of parts for the same job. Wagner rotors, Bosch pads, Bendix drums, Power Stop shoes, Raybestos hardware. It takes a bit more work rounding them up but is worth it to me. It's kinda like having a kitchen with a white refrigerator, stainless oven, avocado stove, orange dishwasher, etc.

but in this case, the pre-assembled shoes would've come in handy. The W thing done for you :D

You could've finished the job today instead of putting it off :sneaky:

Looks clean!

I haven't seen one of those with the mini rear doors in ages. Were you able to get a new replacement subframe?

You are a strange man:

Back