companies that don't answer the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
While I agree that it is very odd and rude not to return the OP's call, I take issue with the implication in this thread's title.

In our little service company we often do not answer the phone while we are working. We get regular complaints from folks who want us to always answer anytime they get the idea to call us.

Since we give each of our clients our full attention while in their home providing services we turn the phone off and resume phone service when we are finished. Then there is a short window while we drive to the next client where we can return calls. We are also available early (at worst by 7 AM). Many times a week our entire drive home is filled with calls taken/returned.

Big companies maintain a phone bank to take clients off the market. In our company you talk to a professional who can answer questions and really assist you, not just make an appointment...

It is fine to have a small company without dedicated phone operators, but a business absolutely needs a reliable means of communication with its customers. If they are too busy to answer phones or check voicemails, then use e-mail or a website with a contact form that customers can submit. Replying to customer e-mails at the end of each day can be much more time-efficient than keeping the phone lines open and having constant interruptions.

They probably blocked your boat in behind five others. I would consider it there until spring. Why are you trying to move it? To save a buck or two? Just come back for it in the spring or pay a 3rd party to ship it. Boats are just a hole in the water you pour money into.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
They probably blocked your boat in behind five others. I would consider it there until spring. Why are you trying to move it? To save a buck or two? Just come back for it in the spring or pay a 3rd party to ship it. Boats are just a hole in the water you pour money into.

It's not a dry stack. It's basically a parking lot where everyone has their own spot and can come and go as they please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back