Coffee Creamer

What is your preferred coffee creamer? I ran a search and surprisingly, nobody has posted a thread about it. :unsure:

I'm trying to find something to replace Coffee Mate because of the high calories. :coffee:

That's like trying to drink whiskey without any soda in it. :D
Ya I do that too - without mix. The key is you need to start with quality product. Honest question - have you tried a really nice smooth coffee without anything in it? You might be surprised. Try something low acid - I like a brand called lucy joe's mellow belly - low acid but still good taste. You might like it?

If your trying to drink folgers black - well I do that when there is nothing else around but there is no joy in it.

I'm no coffee snob by any means (as this post will likely reveal) but my preference is a splash of French Vanilla Coffeemate or similar (store brand is fine, or I'll grab whatever is on sale). When I use this, I don't add any additional sugar.
Our work break room has just half and half (and oat milk, regular milk, etc), so when I'm there I use the half and half plus a small bit of sugar (a packet or so, though I pour it from a dispenser so the exact amount isn't measured). Plain half and half doesn't cut the bitterness of that coffee as well as Coffeemate does.
Google says that the Coffeemate has 3g sugar per tub (.375 oz). I think I probably use the equivalent of around two of these for a 12 oz mug of coffee, or so, so that'd be 6g of sugar from the creamer. A packet of sugar is 4g, so that approximation seems about right. I guess this is to say that it's probably a wash, in my case, between the two.

If I'm drinking coffee at a restaurant.. black or half a creamer.

If I'm drinking my own roasted coffee double strength.. I like a decent splash of cream with a sugar.

Dunkin extra sweet is decent mainly because its made with real milk and sugar.
their "sweet" is corn syrup.

I like coffeemate too but its probably the worse than milk or half and half.

I use dunkin extra extra in my coffee at home and work. If I stop at dunkin I get regular cream and sugar. At a restaurant or coffee shop usually just some half and half

I use a touch of each of these.
20230227_181338.jpg

Taste is subjective. When I drink hot coffee, I only like it black, which is increasingly rare I drink hot coffee. I prefer cold flavored coffee in a bottle like Starbucks frappachino vanilla or however it's spelled.

Whole milk. I enjoy half and half but not enough for the added expense and fridge space.

After many many trys, this is the creamer of choice for me. EDIT, but I guess they wrecked it as per hundreds of people pissed they added soybean oil of late. I was wondering why it was a bit different. Still good, but it is not as good. ALWAYS wreck stuff to the point of why bother buying it. When will we get 8 potato chips in a vending machine sized potato chip bag?

Here is Coffee of choice for me too. Use to order it from Amazon, but they started price gouging it, during covid and have not come down. I buy 15 at a time from the manufacture's site now.

Last edited:
Back