Coating the windshield with Rainx, wax etc...

Seems to me that years ago when Rainx first came out, an application lasted much longer than it does now. I now use Conklin Rave, and am very happy with the durability.

When those that test these things set it up, is it 2 different cars at the same time or left and right sides of windshield of same car ?

I found long ago that RainX works well for me and I've been happy with it. Kind of afraid to intro another chemical on the windows.
How much better can others get or be ? No idea. It works and I have no "scale" per se. Shedding water in teeny droplets so I have a clear view without use of wipers is s fantastic benefit for me so there's nothing to fix.
The speed I drive in town might be a factor. The rake of my windshield may play a part too.
I do think it's kind of cool to have the interest or even the time to run some tests or comparisons- maybe even log the results to keep track of what works better or best. I guess the only sensible conclusion would be this testing is done because the product in use isn't doing a great job or maybe it's too pricey ?
It isn't thank-less either because in the end, I expect you'd find a product that worked to your satisfaction while narrowing down some brand names, even sharing it with like-minded shoppers !

I recall a guy on car forums who 'conditioned' his wiper blades with a special cleaning solution and process he repeated a few times a year to get extend their life.
I remember thinking it made sense to me he was likely more of a hobbyist passing along a 'write-up' detailing some experimenting he was doing more so than a guy who whittles away time saving $16 or $35 a year on wiper blades.
I'm ready for some of that rain here just to make use that buffed in layer on the car windows. Time to test out the lawn mower after a winter of hibernation too !

Originally Posted by zrxkawboy
Seems to me that years ago when Rainx first came out, an application lasted much longer than it does now. I now use Conklin Rave, and am very happy with the durability.

I've seen other people make this claim and I have not experienced this...to me, it seems to be the same as it always has...

Back