Classic Mower?

Mytractorforum.com has a section for push mowers where a lot of people discuss vintage stuff. May be worth posting there for any ideas on sale value, etc.

I'd give it away to someone who works on them. I can't sell it as a working mower, because it doesn't have safety stuff on it. It's a shame I don't have any BITOG enthusiasts living near me.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth
You can just keep it along with the other things there. Or get rid of the other things and keep it. You can also make someone happy by putting it out for free and they quickly grab it.

Put it out for free? Bet a scrapper will come by and take it with his pile to the scrap yard.

Originally Posted by Lubener
As long as the engine turns over, has compression, it can be made to run. Those old B & S engines from the 60's and 70's are probably the most rugged small engines ever made. You can abuse them, neglect them and they keep running strong. About the only thing that does them in is a bent crank from hitting something big.Would make a good beater mower to cut some rugged areas. That mower in good running condition will take more punishment than any walk behind made today.

I couldn't agree more. They are the best B&S ever made.

Back