City Trash Skips

Have you guys ever had your trash skipped by the city on trash day? My tree hangs out onto the street a little ways, so I always assumed it was because the city doesn't want their trucks damaged by my tree. But come to find out, my neighbors are getting their trash containers skipped too. That doesn't make any sense because there's no trees on the other side of the street. We're all paying right around $160 bi-monthly for the trash collection and the water usage.

Only if trash day is on a holiday, and if so then it is picked up the day after.

Do you put it out on time?

We get our trash picked up on holidays; or we're supposed to anyway. Workers get paid double time.

Ours lags a day when there are holidays, or they’ll send an email/text if things are real bad with the day they’re coming. Fantastic service for $80/quarter, but we’re not beholden to whoever the city decides to use for trash.

Ours lags a day when there are holidays, or they’ll send an email/text if things are real bad with the day they’re coming. Fantastic service for $80/quarter, but we’re not beholden to whoever the city decides to use for trash.

$80 every 3 months? Water included?

We get our trash picked up on holidays; or we're supposed to anyway. Workers get paid double time.

Are you absolutely sure about that? I doubt they would pick up trash on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day. And it probably gets bumped a day.

I pay $48 billed every 3 months.

The same trash service picks up my younger sisters trash for the same $48 charge, but she gets a free recycle can and pick up because she lives in a city while I live in a township on a country road where no recycling pickup is offered. If I want to recycle, I can drop it off at the township bins.

Ours is picked up the day after a holiday. I’ve had them skip us once or twice but I call and they come and get it. I think we are $86/quarter for trash. I wish water was lumped in like some of you but it’s billed separately.

Are you absolutely sure about that? I doubt they would pick up trash on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day. And it probably gets bumped a day.

I pay $48 billed every 3 months.

The same trash service picks up my younger sisters trash for the same $48 charge, but she gets a free recycle can and pick up because she lives in a city while I live in a township on a country road where no recycling pickup is offered. If I want to recycle, I can drop it off at the township bins.

Yes I'm sure about that. The street sweeper however, comes the next day after a holiday.

I live in a town about 5000 population. We hire own own trash services, city has nothing to do with it. My trash guy's family has been in business many years. Tuesday is my trash day, they come about 1:00 AM. This guy knows no holidays. Even if Christmas falls on Tuesday, they still pick it up like any normal day. Costs me $25 per month. All the other companies here observe the holidays and run day late.

If you’re concerned a tree is in the way, it may not be a bad idea to get that taken care of.

Usually our trash is picked up the day after a holiday. I can think of a few times when it was 2-3 days after as well as of being picked up the day of. I still put it out on the day they are supposed to get there. Lol

I can’t complain. They were $50 a quarter since we bought the house in 2018. They just raised it to $80 the beginning of this year. Took them long enough to raise prices. Diesel is expensive and even more so early to mid 2022.

They usually don't miss unless it's a holiday or extremely bad weather 🌡️

DSNY usually keeps us in the loop to pickup delays on X or TikTok 🤷‍♂️

You're paying for a service, you should receive a reasonable service
Call or email?

I live in a town about 5000 population. We hire own own trash services, city has nothing to do with it. My trash guy's family has been in business many years. Tuesday is my trash day, they come about 1:00 AM. This guy knows no holidays. Even if Christmas falls on Tuesday, they still pick it up like any normal day. Costs me $25 per month. All the other companies here observe the holidays and run day late.
I don’t want to hear a trash truck at 1 AM nor do I want to make working on holidays for non essential jobs a thing.

I don’t want to hear a trash truck at 1 AM nor do I want to make working on holidays for non essential jobs a thing.
It's a small family owned business, so I guess they can do as they choose.
Not like I make the choice or really care what day or time they come.
If they choose to work holidays or come at 1 AM, go for it. I just want the trash gone when I wake up in the AM.

It's a small family owned business, so I guess they can do as they choose.
Not like I make the choice or really care what day or time they come.
If they choose to work holidays or come at 1 AM, go for it. I just want the trash gone when I wake up in the AM.
The German Village community in CBUS put a stop to early trash pick up. Homes next to businesses with dumpsters in that community. Usually those type of trash trucks start their run early because of less traffic and less chances of people parking in front of a dumpster. People didn’t like being woke up at 4 AM.

Back