Your city filling in potholes

My city adds $40.00 extra every year when you register your road vehicle or motorcycle for street repair. So yesterday I sent in a request at 9:00am because there were a few potholes on my street. At 1:45pm the city was filling in those potholes. I’m glad my city is actually using the money they collect from its citizens every year and doing what they said they would do with it.

Sure would be nice if they did something like that around here. I've had to fill in the pot holes in front of my house because the city refuses to fix anything outside of the main roads. Should have sent them a bill for time and materials. Then again, I already pay far too much in both registration of vehicles and property tax, so the potholes should be filled without anything extra.

I live in an unincorporated city so the county is responsible for maintaining the roads. And I have to say they are very good at filling potholes, cutting trees that are in danger of falling across the roads during storms and that type of maintenance. It seems that I can't leave my home without seeing a crew at work along the state highway or in the residential areas. One time I put in an online request to have my street swept as there was so much gravel on the road that it sounded like being inside a popcorn popper when driving down it and they had a sweeper vehicle there the next day and a few days ago I called about a lot of tree branches in the street from recent storms and they had a crew out within a few hours.

But yesterday I made a trip down to one of the largest cities in the country and the streets were a mess. I guess it's all about priorities. That city has a "woke" mayor and the budget is going to a lot of social programs instead of for infastructure maintenance for the people who are paying the bills.

Phoenix is pretty good about it. I've called in a few potholes in various parts of town throughout my commute, and they actually end up fixing them within a couple weeks.

Back