HOA news

HOAs are basically for people who don't want to be homeowners. They're nothing more than huge apartment complexes.
I don’t have one - nor do we need one - but I had a nice rental condo in BCS and the HOA worked for that …

Why do people think that if you don't want to live in an HOA, your yard must be a trashed landfill?

View attachment 131651

If my house was in my MIL's HOA, there would be 3 violations in this picture.

1. Shrubs partially obscuring windows
2. Flagpole
3. Political sign

HOAs are the pinnacle of narcissism, whether they realize it or not. It's the ultimate playground for someone seeking an inflated sense of self-importance while also able to play the victim anytime they feel like it.

If you don't pay my mortgage or my taxes, you have ZERO right to tell me what I can or can't do with my property regardless of how reasonable or logical those demands may be. It's that simple.

As for bad neighbors, I solved that issue by not having neighbors. Rural life FTW!
Well that landscaping is a little overgrown. IJS...reminds me of my own overgrown landscaping which I've been trying to entice the HOA to pull out and replace. lol.

The HOA is telling him to do that! :)

I agree with the HOA here, if you have a garage, part that giant pile of waste in the garage. If it doen't fit you shouldn't have bought it. Park it in the rv/boat corral. This ain't skid row with them po boi showin' their bling bang.

Most ALL "nice" neighborhoods require this. I lived in a ritzy town (up the street from Jay Leno) in a country club neighborhood with my parents when I was a teen.
I wasn't much for the country club "phoney baloney" so that's why I moved out in the sticks into an untouched town in a log cabin.
Now if it was a passenger vehicle with no open bed, would they not object to him parking in his driveway? Does the no driveway parking only apply to open bed vehicles?

If the HOA rules say no pick up trucks on the driveway that's the rules. Living there that long no way he didn't know that. He does have an argument according to many here, that thing is not really a truck. ;)

I have a friend who lives in Sedona, Az in an HOA area. One of the rules is no trucks on the driveway. Didn't matter until he bought a truck a couple of years ago. His garage is too shallow for the truck to fit so it sits on his driveway. He has the reputation of a gun nut and prepper (rightly so). Last I heard he had not been bothered yet.

Here's one for you HOA & housing development haters. Every house in the development we live in has a carriage light on each side of the garage door, wired directly into a photocell so they all turn on and off automatically. No choice, no switch. How's that for cookie cutter living? :oops::mad::ROFLMAO:
I actually like that!:D👍

Here's one for you HOA & housing development haters. Every house in the development we live in has a carriage light on each side of the garage door, wired directly into a photocell so they all turn on and off automatically. No choice, no switch. How's that for cookie cutter living? :oops::mad::ROFLMAO:
No ranch style homes allowed 😷

Does it specify the bulb color? For chuckles, I’d put in a red bulb just to mess with their minds.

Does it specify the bulb color? For chuckles, I’d put in a red bulb just to mess with their minds.
No, people put in red, green, blue bulbs in support of their favorite first responders I guess.

It is kinda nice, in the summer we walk the dogs after dark and there's enough light to not need flashlights. 2 5W LED bulbs might cost a couple of bucks a year to run.

All mindless lemmings I tell ya.

No, people put in red, green, blue bulbs in support of their favorite first responders I guess.

It is kinda nice, in the summer we walk the dogs after dark and there's enough light to not need flashlights. 2 5W LED bulbs might cost a couple of bucks a year to run.

All mindless lemmings I tell ya.
Probably provides a bit of good security too👍

That could be required by the locality. In this county there is some regulation that says that every house in a subdivision must have an exterior light controlled by a photocell.

Um...maybe you didn't read my post. The homeowners are NOT in charge of the rule. We are being dictated by the single company that developed our property, and continues to develop their investment. I knew what I was signing up for, but the problem arises when the HOA makes changes at their whim, and the home owners have no say. The rules have changed several times in the ~9 months we have lived here. If there were even a chance to run for office to help, I would gladly do it. No...we are under rule of the developers.

Your statement is false....I am part of a social community with the rest of the owners. None of us are happy with the situation, we have no power to make any changes.

Bright side - none of us turn each other in for silly grievances. We work it out together.
My HOA has been run by homeowners for almost 2 decades. But only 25 homes. No company is involved.

Sounds great...I can't wait until we have a say in our rules.
So how big will your development be? What percentage are currently owned by homeowners? I thought the companies built the development over a year or three, then turned it over to the homeowners and moved on to build a new development?

So how big will your development be? What percentage are currently owned by homeowners? I thought the companies built the development over a year or three, then turned it over to the homeowners and moved on to build a new development?
been at least 3 years from what I can tell. I am the second owner of this home. It looks like at least 2-3 more years. I am in PLAT 2

Trestle-Ridge-Estates-Plat-2-5-6-Website-Sales-Plat-6-2-22-818x600.jpg

I have lived in my current house for over 20 years. The great recession and societal pressures have transformed the neighborhood from individually-owned single-family homes into a rental community (50% are now rentals and the percentage is rising). I am no fan of HOAs BUT ... if not for the continued due diligence of our HOA, this place would be a pig stye. The HOA keeps landlords in line and thankfully they are not nazis.

We hear so much negativity about a few HOAs ... the vast majority of them work, and they keep sanity in neighborhoods where insanity would reign without them. I am not on the HOA board and would never want to be. It is nice to know if the rentals on either side of me get out of hand that there is someone to talk to.

houses in eu are always free, no such groups.
rare thing to have rental house.
if you not wealthy, you get apartment, these are also as rentals.
eastern, central eu home ownership is high.
what i read here is shocking.

My monthly HOA fee was increased by 240% since I moved in. Can someone help me understand why?

Yes. Well, maybe.

Is this a condo/townhome community? If so, HOAs usually pay for ALL exterior maintenance, repairs, lawn upkeep, water, sewer and garbage utilities.

Construction costs have about doubled since 2019. Many times, these HOAs are not well funded. They are usually always borrowing money from the reserves to pay hefty maintenance/repair bills that are always known about but the homeowners tend to vote down special assessments or increases in fees to cover these expenses.

I suspect his HOA didn't increase 240%, but rather a special assessment was levied....

Back