Chevy volt is 10,000$ over priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not real knowledable about electrical systems. But if electric cars increase in number power grid updates are going to be needed. So I don't see why at least on interstates couldn't a way to power electric cars in motion from the road be used.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: c502cid
If this was about the Toyota Volt this forum would creaming themselves over the revolutionary thoughts and pure goodness it brings, led by the master kool aid drinker himself..... This forum veered into politics early and you know what, was allowed to continue. If it was a few weeks ago and the subject was Toyota...locked. I call bulldoody. Ban me, for the love of God, please ban me.

Oh please. Put the shovel away and start making sense.

If it were a Toyota Volt, I'd still reject the car for my own purposes because it has only FOUR SEATS, and I need FIVE. I can't seat a passenger on a Toyota emblem. GM made a gutsy move to go with a plug-in serial hybrid, which means a massive battery. Too bad that they couldn't package it with five seats.

Beyond this, what does your misplaced belief that everyone would be "creaming themselves" if it were a "Toyota Volt" have to do with the topic at hand -- whether the CHEVROLET Volt is overpriced?

Originally Posted By: LTVibe
Chevy Volt overpriced? One dealer in California thinks they're 20 grand under-priced:

California Chevrolet dealer asking for $20,000 over Volt’s MSRP

shocked2.gif

Take a couple days off and travel to Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, or Georgia. I bet you'll find one in this area (pickup country) that's much more reasonably priced.

Originally Posted By: ekpolk
Chevy Volt overpriced? One dealer in California thinks they're 20 grand under-priced:

shocked2.gif

Take a couple days off and travel to Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, or Georgia. I bet you'll find one in this area (pickup country) that's much more reasonably priced.

Problem is you can not take a new vehicle back to California with out some serious fines and taxes. I know since my Sister in Law wanted to buy her Toyota Corolla (replaced the 394k mile Jetta this year) and the state pretty well makes sure that you buy it in state.

That dealer is on drugs. $20k above sticker? Sure...

Originally Posted By: XS650
Originally Posted By: meep

6. electric grid loses nearly 90% of generated power in transmission, per numbers a decade back. I haven't see the power line technology change-- assume it's roughly the same now-- THAT would need to improve. If we can alter the way we produce electricity, so that we could lower transmission loss, the we could handle the increased electric consumption w/o increasing production waste.

You have that backwards. The power transmission system in the US delivered over 90% of the power that entered it a decade back. Losses were a bit over 7%. Losses are under 7% now.

XS650, you da man...
"In 2007, national-level losses were 6.5% of total electricity disposition excluding direct use."
http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/ask/electricity_faqs.asp#electric_rates2

M

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

shocked2.gif

Problem is you can not take a new vehicle back to California with out some serious fines and taxes. I know since my Sister in Law wanted to buy her Toyota Corolla (replaced the 394k mile Jetta this year) and the state pretty well makes sure that you buy it in state.

Buying used cars out of state is okay, new cars is a no no.

Chevy Volt is available only in few states the first years, California in one of those few states.

That dealer is not on drugs, there are many Hollywood celebrities want to be seen in the "Green" cars, they have more money than sense and they are the ones who will pay any price to be the first to drive the new Volt.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

shocked2.gif

Buying used cars out of state is okay, new cars is a no no.

Chevy Volt is available only in few states the first years, California in one of those few states.

That dealer is not on drugs, there are many Hollywood celebrities want to be seen in the "Green" cars, they have more money than sense and they are the ones who will pay any price to be the first to drive the new Volt.

Okay I was wrong... On who is on drugs..
48.gif

Check your PM on follow up about the taxes so I'm not Off topic here...

Bill

Originally Posted By: XS650

6. electric grid loses nearly 90% of generated power in transmission, per numbers a decade back. I haven't see the power line technology change-- assume it's roughly the same now-- THAT would need to improve. If we can alter the way we produce electricity, so that we could lower transmission loss, the we could handle the increased electric consumption w/o increasing production waste.

You have that backwards. The power transmission system in the US delivered over 90% of the power that entered it a decade back. Losses were a bit over 7%. Losses are under 7% now.

Dude I hope you are right. 15 yrs ago in college that's what they'd said, I'm gonna go read---

He's right.

I saved a bunch of money when I bought my Corvette new online through a Dearborn MI dealer and picked it up in Kentucky. All you have to do is be sure the car has the factory sticker on it that says it meets California standards.

If your sister was trying to dodge taxes or buy a new vehicle that didn't meet California standards, then she would have problems.

HTTS is also incorrect about not being able to buy new cars from outside California. The state of California doesn't care where you buy your new car as long as it meets California standards.

Last edited:
Time for a lock. Gone from the Original content to way around the subject.

Everyone can stop hitting the notifies since it is being locked up.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back