Chevron Supreme 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by SteveG4
Originally Posted by mpgo4th
It meets Ford specs, would you guys try it in an Ecoboost?

Yes. Despite its robust add pack, I would keep the OCIs to a shorter or lesser interval as compared to a top-shelf synthetic though. I would accomplish OCIs between 3 and 4K miles.

Is that because the EB is hard on oil because I've done 5k in my Kia v6 many a time without issues on CS 5/30. But that engine is fairly easy on oil, very little/to no burning or fuel dilution to speak of. But I've never owned an EB so dunno...

Btw.. there's a $5 rebate on Supreme right now.

Correct! I don't believe CS will do well for longer periods in a turbo engine. Other than that it is a great oil. Use with confidence, but with shorter OCI's.
During our Alaskan summers and falls, I buy and use CS in my 5.3 Chevy LV8, but move to QSUD or the new Costco "Kirkland" 5W30 oils in the really cold winter months. 4K to 5K mile OCI's concerning the 5.3L.

With my newer DI engine, I'm changing between 3 and 3.5K miles -- fuel dilution is my issue. It's a known crappy little engine.

I believe EB engines are hard on oil as well. I would accomplish an oil analysis at 3K miles with CS, then judge how much further you should drive on it -- if at all.
Good luck and stay on-top of that nice EB engine! I think they have a good to great reputation; they are just turbo'ed.
Maintain it and it will be good to you.

Still $12.42 for 5 quarts at my local Wal-Mart, they are never out of it. Maybe I should stock up, I ran the 5w30 in my 2016 2.0 ecoboost for 4,000 miles but I never had it tested. I'm sure a 4,000 interval in an ecoboost is fine.

Last edited:
Corollaman
Oil gurus here always say synthetics are better for TGDI / GDI engines. If you are first & last owner of your vehicles, then consider starting a new thread asking oil gurus why synthetic is better. I know some of the reasons, but this board room isn't the place to discuss it.

Wait - never mind. You own a Corolla and they run forever on the wife's tempura canola oil.
I wish the South Korean wives would come up with a top-notch cooking oil that works in Kia's and Hyundai's.....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back