John Deere 10w30

Anyone using JD10w30? I found the kit was cheaper for my X350 and since under warranty why not. Looks like Chevron Supreme according to the MSDs and a boiling point of 405. Chevron site states its oil is for rigors use in lawnmowers.

Anyone using JD10w30? I found the kit was cheaper for my X350 and since under warranty why not. Looks like Chevron Supreme according to the MSDs and a boiling point of 405. Chevron site states its oil is for rigors use in lawnmowers.
How long is the Warranty 4?

I have used it before on my X300.
Nothing exceptional, but it is fine.

No just recommended by tech. I am not worried about engine oil can cause out of warranty, just it's cheaper to buy the kit from John Deere and they can't say a bad filter or lack of maintenance caused issue. John Deere doesn't like anyone working on there equipment, however i do all my own work. Will be doing valve adjustment on it for it's final time until 200 hrs. I have 61 hours on it at this time. Never ran manufacturers oil.

What Transmission is in this Mower? I hope you have a flat yard.
K46. Honestly I am not worried as I have plenty of warranty. My T200, I believe, in John Deere D110 is still going strong with 250 hours. It has been worked hard and so has my X350. I cut a ditch that is across the front of our 2 acres. Haul a trailer on it 90%of the time when 48"mower is not on or on.

I did a service on the k46 transaxle on my rider and the oil was black, black, black. I don't have an hour meter, but I estimate it had 400 hours on it. I refilled it with Mobil 1 15w-50. I should probably do it again in a couple of years as I mow a hilly back section and have ATV tires on it in order be able to do so.

As for the oil, Kawasaki recommends 10w-40 for the FR651V. Why John Deere does not follow Kawasaki's recommendation, I don't know. Personally, I'd probably use 15w-40 as I always have some on hand.

FR651V_691V_730V_EN_ES.jpg

I did a service on the k46 transaxle on my rider and the oil was black, black, black. I don't have an hour meter, but I estimate it had 400 hours on it. I refilled it with Mobil 1 15w-50. I should probably do it again in a couple of years as I mow a hilly back section and have ATV tires on it in order be able to do so.

As for the oil, Kawasaki recommends 10w-40 for the FR651V. Why John Deere does not follow Kawasaki's recommendation, I don't know. Personally, I'd probably use 15w-40 as I always have some on hand.

View attachment 207018
John Deere has been using the same recommendations in their manuals for decades. I'd trust the Kawasaki recommendation. With that said, there is nothing wrong with the Deere oil, it is good oil, but I wouldn't pay more for it or go out of my way to obtain it over something else.

i buy lawnmower oil for my deere self propelled only because it comes in a 20oz bottle, allowing for a perfect oil change with no guesswork. I know i'm overpaying but I don't care. I typically use supertech lawnmower oil, and change it once a year.

My deere is 15 years old and runs like new.

Back