Change oil on my terminator with fram ultra today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: i_hate_autofraud

Looks like the floor jack is bearing on the engine oil pan! That's an odd/bad place to lift a car!

Even if the oil pan can take it, (most can't) you're putting a tension load on the engine mounts
for which they weren't designed, worst case it can tear out rubber in the mounts, since the weight of the
rest of the front end of the car hangs on the mounts!

lol its just lighly touch the K member for extra insurance , not the oil pan, why I want put a dent on an oil pan ? I know what Im doing. its just extra insurance. for 90% peoples here become OCD after a while, over oils and over everything, even though walmart name brand is good enought, but you guys want best of the best.. and cheap...... anyway for me add tires under the cars or extra jack i dont think that be a problem...

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Any real data that says Mobil 1 is bad? Or is it just armchair oil engineers making stuff up?

Here you go.
56.gif

Mobil 1 Noise at BITOG

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Problems left and right, someone has to start a spreadsheet.

I'm hoping you're smart enough to know why he had some start-up rattle after draining the oil galleries above the filter. Critical thinking, it's a wonderful thing.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Any real data that says Mobil 1 is bad? Or is it just armchair oil engineers making stuff up?

Here you go.
56.gif

Mobil 1 Noise at BITOG

I've used Mobil 1 in my Z06 and Tacoma since new, and both run quiet and are clean as new inside. No complaints from me.

I've used Mobil 1 in my Z06 and Tacoma since new, and both run quiet and are clean as new inside. No complaints from me.

Apparently, you're part of the minority.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

Here you go.
56.gif

Mobil 1 Noise at BITOG

I like the one where someone claimed his engine ran quieter on Mobil 10W-30 vs Mobil 1 5W-30. The viscosity when hot is basicaly the same between them. Think people need a hearing test, or else setup an acoustic test chamber to record accurate noise levels.

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug

Looks like the floor jack is bearing on the engine oil pan! That's an odd/bad place to lift a car!

Even if the oil pan can take it, (most can't) you're putting a tension load on the engine mounts
for which they weren't designed, worst case it can tear out rubber in the mounts, since the weight of the

lol its just lighly touch the K member for extra insurance , not the oil pan, why I want put a dent on an oil pan ? I know what Im doing. its just extra insurance. for 90% peoples here become OCD after a while, over oils and over everything, even though walmart name brand is good enought, but you guys want best of the best.. and cheap...... anyway for me add tires under the cars or extra jack i dont think that be a problem...

No offense intended MetalSlug. Just ribbing ya. it did look like the tires were toward the rear of the car so if a jackstand did let go the engine weigh would lever forward and nose down the car.

When i work on my truck i slide he wheels under there as well. I saw a movie long ago called "faces of death" where a guy has a car fall on him and broke his leg. The guy holding the movie camera got good footage of the guy finally going into shock and dying.
smile.gif
. As real as fake gets but it was halloween in the 90s.
smile.gif
. When i see that bare brake caliper that scene flashed through my head.

Never have problem with Mobil 1 make engine noise . When I was in Texas . I knew many high performing car zo6 ... gt500 . 1000+whp running Mobil 1 + Mobil 1 oil filter combo.

I need get off bitog . This forum pull me back in again lol . Most y’all knew I’m not active and gone few month at the time . I usually just come here for quick question and get out . I don’t stick around for all the ....... See y’all best of luck to all , I be back

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MetalSlug

Nice car! Your vehicle, do as you please..........

Respectfully,

Pajero!

When my cousin or friend changes the oil in my trucks engine and I don't fill the oil filter with oil before installation, I hold the accelerator all the way to the floor and attempt to start the engine, letting it spin over for about 10 seconds. I stop for a few seconds and then do it again. The third time I release the accelerator and the engine starts, NEVER making a ticking or knocking sound.
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

MetalSlug,

Nice to know you have the jack on the K member, you must be slimmer then me, doesn't leave much
room to shimmy under the car!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back