Can I top off a diesel with gasoline oil?

I can find an additional quart as well as afford another 13 quarts. I'm more curious if it could be done in a pinch without appreciable risk.

If you’re running 10w-30 you should look at the rotella t4. It has a lot more zinc and phosphorus in it. Same with motor craft 10w-30.

Rotella t5 10w-30, on paper, has less zinc and phosphorus. I’m not saying it’s garbage but there’s better 10w-30 diesel oil there.

And nothing beats good ol’ 15w-40

If you’re running 10w-30 you should look at the rotella t4. It has a lot more zinc and phosphorus in it. Same with motor craft 10w-30.

Rotella t5 10w-30, on paper, has less zinc and phosphorus. I’m not saying it’s garbage but there’s better 10w-30 diesel oil there.

And nothing beats good ol’ 15w-40
That's nice to know, I was thinking about trying out some HDEO in my lawnmower at some point and may give T4 a try. Thanks!

I found the T5 on clearance for $5 or $11 a gallon, depending on the store, so I stocked up a while back. Just trying to get rid of it now that I have no real use for it.

That's nice to know, I was thinking about trying out some HDEO in my lawnmower at some point and may give T4 a try. Thanks!

I found the T5 on clearance for $5 or $11 a gallon, depending on the store, so I stocked up a while back. Just trying to get rid of it now that I have no real use for it.

Heres a diesel oil database on BITOG that has a lot of VOA's.

Back