buy tires now or wait for the holiday specials

my kids car is down to 4/32 and the rainy season is coming fast. thinking of getting new tires for her . thanksgiving is coming up, but since the ownership change at discount tire , the holiday sales seem to be less than stellar . Seems like the holiday sales are the same as the monthly sales.

You guys think there will be good specials for the holidays?

DT will pricematch costco or sams if they have any deals running. If you wait till last second they may be extremely busy or out of stock.

my kids car is down to 4/32 and the rainy season is coming fast. thinking of getting new tires for her . thanksgiving is coming up, but since the ownership change at discount tire , the holiday sales seem to be less than stellar . Seems like the holiday sales are the same as the monthly sales.

You guys think there will be good specials for the holidays?
The way oil prices are climbing I wouldn't wait too much longer. That, and if you know her car needs tires don't put it off.

Tires are already getting hard to find at a reasonable price. Numerous tires I pulled up are "out of stock" at Discount, and those are just the ones they're keeping accurate track of.

I'd buy now. Found the best overall deal at WalMart.

Walland still has clearance treads in the $30-60 area, I do not expect good deals this year but Walland again will have a Black Friday sale, no idea what will be in the sale.

I have gotten many deals off the clearance rack then have them mounted elsewhere

around here they say LIKE NEW..
you get there and 2 are half worn.. one has 2 patches on it and one 1 wont hold air which you dont know yet.
Thinking back 2 years, I've purchased at least 4 sets of tires that were like new and as advertised for about 1/4 to 1/2 the retail prices. I check dates, wear, and inside for patches and for holes or damage, sun damage, etc. Saving $200-400 on a set of tires is a big deal. I have a small tire shop that will mount them $15 each. And 1 were brand new takeoffs on the correct new factory rims, got them for 1/3 of the new price for tires/rims and they were mounted and ready to go.

Thinking back 2 years, I've purchased at least 4 sets of tires that were like new and as advertised for about 1/4 to 1/2 the retail prices. I check dates, wear, and inside for patches and for holes or damage, sun damage, etc. Saving $200-400 on a set of tires is a big deal. I have a small tire shop that will mount them $15 each. And 1 were brand new takeoffs on the correct new factory rims, got them for 1/3 of the new price for tires/rims and they were mounted and ready to go.
I also have great luck getting like new tires cheap, especially winter tires.

As others have posted, if cost is the main concern, a good used set offers a lotta bang for the buck. There is a place arounf here that sells 'em for about $35 each installed. This was a few years back, but helped out a lotta people.

When I go to a tire shop, I negotiate to save some splash cash.

The supply chain issues will be with us for some time. I would buy now and be done with it. Tires are important; they are the only part of your car that is supposed to touch the ground.
Good luck.

Buy 3 get one for $1 at a Chrysler dealer. If you like Yokohama’s or certain brands in rebate right now (I think cooper is a well) combine the two deals for a better deal.

Buy 3 get one for $1 at a Chrysler dealer. If you like Yokohama’s or certain brands in rebate right now (I think cooper is a well) combine the two deals for a better deal.

I just ran comparisons on my higher end tires, and as predicted and from my past experience the "buy 3 get 1 free" is a gimmick. They just increase the prices of tires so it is nearly the same as just going to any reputable shop without gimmicks.

I bought tires for the wife’s Explorer this month due to General’s current rebates. Already received my prepaid Visa card for the rebate.

Back